"The Dark Discovery" is a GREAT album!

I want to check out the video clips but I have a dial-up modem, and it takes ages for them to download. Sadly, when someone call the house it kicks me off the internet :cry: I am going to keep trying though. Especially now that I know there is some new tunes on them :D

Glad to see im not the only one! Trust and Betrayal and To Hope is to Fear is beyond awesome.Love the album.'t was the second I got after recreation day :rofl:

Holy fuck. That really was the mother of all bumps.
Anyway, TDD fucking rocks, and Blackened Dawn is one of Evergrey's best songs ever! Totally blows me away each time I listen to it.

Yeah, I didn't pay attention to the dates when I read this thread and I was puzzled when I read "The best of their 3 albums" and shit. Now it makes sense. The Dark Discovery is indeed a great album, tons of great songs but also my least favorite of the 7.

interestingly, I just rediscovered this album again a couple weeks ago... hadn't listened to it in a couple years and fell in love again

Hi, I'm new on this forum Hell o friends
The Dark Discovery???I love this album, ouch shit now I'm listening that, Blackened dawn rule, :worship: my best song on this album is When the river call:headbang::kickass: This album kicking my ass:kickass:

I didn't like this album when I first heard it because the production annoyed me. I tried it again a few months later (whilst waiting for MMA to come out), listened to it with headphones on and was blown away! I can tolerate the production now, and sometimes think it would be nice to have it slightly remastered. The song structures, vocal lines, lyrics and riffs/melodies in the album are (IMO) so different to the others, it gives the whole album a much more brooding and dark atmosphere that the other albums since can't match.

On a slightly different note, I think the thunder and rain samples are the best I've ever heard, and perfectly used. Amazing :D