The Daysleepers- Drowned in a Sea of Sound (fantastic shoegays)

I would say that Rumskib are THE best modern shoegazers... the atmosphere of their debut REALLY sets me off... it makes me feel all light, magic, and gay. I would say that The Daysleepers are a not-so-distant second, though they're definitely a bit darker than Rumskib.

Rumskib are incredible. The debut was amazing, and I'd have to say that Girl Afraid was my favorite song. However, it's the darker atmosphere that makes me like the Daysleepers more than any other modern shoegaze band. That aside, Rumskib is still incredible and anyone that hasn't done so should definately check out their debut album.

Another band that does not get enough talked about enough is Curve.

I definately agree with you here. Curve is a completely underrated band. Also, the Danish band Windermere happened to cover Coast Is Clear, so that's another band people might want to check out. Windermere currently have two full length releases to date.

Oh.. and I REALLY was put off by that Alcest record. On paper, a shoegayser-meets-black/folk record sounds like the greatest thing in the world, but I could not get into it AT ALL, and found much of it cringeworthy even.

Sorry, but I've got to disagree with you here. I really liked this album, and I hope to hear more from Alcest in the not-too-distant future.

Shoegaze is good stuff. I enjoy My Bloody Valentine. I gave The Daysleepers a listen and it wasn't bad at all. Oh, and I'm liking that Rumskib song, the guitars are really nice.

I've never given Slowdive a listen before, but they get talked about a lot. What should I listen to by them?