The definitive TOOL thread

What is your favourite Tool album?

• Total voters
Imladris said:
:mad: how come people don't like Undertow? don't get it:rolleyes:
I mean come on!Undertow is a great album,not the best but still!so many good songs on it !
Aenima would be my favourite and I have to say that it was very difficult to pick
I've also reached to the conclusion that Lateralus is the most intelligent one :)

Because Tool have evolved alot from the "raw" sound of Undertow and Opiate. Some people like Tool's new, more creative song structures as opposed to the "good old rock n' roll" structures adopted on Undertow and Opiate.

blimey said:
Because Tool have evolved alot from the "raw" sound of Undertow and Opiate. Some people like Tool's new, more creative song structures as opposed to the "good old rock n' roll" structures adopted on Undertow and Opiate.

yeah I know what you mean,but still,that doesn't make Undertow a bad album and I think we should appreciate those albums in their own way,I was just speaking in general,people seem to forget how much they've enjoyed Undertow back then

derbeder said:
i like undertow better than 10000 days. it's more fun to listen to.
If I want fun I'll go get drunk with my friends. I don't listen to music for "fun", I listen to it for enterntainment. It can be sad, depressing, uplifting, or whatever, as long as it's good.

I think you're forgetting that this is a 70s prog purist forum, so undertow is out of the question for being "good." People only like lateralus because mikael and peter put the album in their playlists.

Dreadful said:
I think you're forgetting that this is a 70s prog purist forum, so undertow is out of the question for being "good." People only like lateralus because mikael and peter put the album in their playlists.
Do you even read what you type?

I, and positively more people, were fans of Tool way before they even know of Opeth.

Tool was my favourite band when I was introduced to Opeth. In fact, I was searching the net for bands similar to Tool, and not too surprisingly Opeth popped up. I had no idea they'd end up being the only thing I listened to for 2 years :lol:

Demilich said:
Tool was my favourite band when I was introduced to Opeth. In fact, I was searching the net for bands similar to Tool, and not too surprisingly Opeth popped up. I had no idea they'd end up being the only thing I listened to for 2 years :lol:
Same thing pretty much happened to myself.

Dreadful said:

:erk:

How many 'prog purists' are there here? Many do like prog, but by no means a forum of 70s purists. Ive gotten into 70s prog in a big way myself (though for every 3 i buy, there becomes another 8 i want), but i chose Aenima over Lateralus.

Come on; can we at least make our slander accurate?

i personally like Aenima a lot better than all the other albums, and in second i would choose undertow. intolerance is quickly growing to be one of my favorite songs not just by TOOL but of all time.

Dreadful said:

C'mon - how many people posting here do you think are as massive a bumlick as that? I bet most people who voted for Lateralus didn't even know that. :erk:

aenima all the way. tool is great apart from those meaningless little shit tracks like useful idiot and the 4 minutes of thunder that is called ions. they annoy me but otherwise theyre great. 10,000 days seems to be growing on me... went from boring to moderately boring to semi interesting in a week. give it two weeks and i reckon ill love it:)