The DEREK RIGGS artwork for Maiden presented here

Originally posted by Soul of a new Machine
Of course, there is loads of stuff on the SIT artwork.

OK, this version wasn't used, but this is still my favorite album cover!

maidensintimew.jpg

You know, I never really thought of Derek Riggs as having a big part in Iron Maiden's image before... I always liked the artwork but simply assumed that the IM guys made the calls as to what they wanted to see.

Not sure why I didn't think of that perspective before now.

I've never heard Gamma Ray (check the Gamma Ray art under the recently commissioned works section of www.derekriggs.com), but that artwork has me interested in the band...

My latest work is still in its very early stages, so I have nothing to share. I've never attempted anything this ambitious...

MelWeek was mostly my way to let Mel know she's still one of my favorite Bassists, but although I spent a few hours on the material for each post, I had to rush to get them done so I could post each day.

So if you guys/gals liked the MelWeek stuff at all, you can imagine just how detailed I am getting with this latest piece. It is also being done completely by hand (i.e a 100% original Toast piece - I also did a couple of works earlier this year mostly by hand, but nobody noticed...). It has quite a bit going on (on the level of the Powerslave or Somewhere In Time album covers), so you can understand why I said it would take a while.

My hope is that I will get it done in time for a shot at the Maidens CD cover. If not, it will make for an interesting poster or something...

In the meantime, thanks for posting your threads, Dreamaster! It makes me very happy to know that there are a few of us contributing material (not just me). The Maidens forum just wouldn't be the same otherwise!
:D