The DEREK RIGGS artwork for Maiden presented here

0007-big.jpg

Original artwork done for "The Angel & The Gambler" cd2 cover single.

In the beginning of the year 2000 Maiden decided that their album would be called The Wicker Man so ask Riggs to do the artwork inspired in the movie of the same name and soon Riggs presented the band some rough skethes for the album cover.

So here are the rough skethes that he showed to the band:

Wickeralbum3G.jpg

Wickeralbum7G.jpg

Wickeralbum6G.jpg

Wickeralbum5G.jpg

When the band saw this they didn't like it and and told him to rework it gave him some sugestions to incorporate in the artwork.
So, he started again.

Wickeralbum2G.jpg

WickeralbumG.jpg

Wickeralbum4G.jpg

After some time, Riggs meet with Maiden's manager Rod and showed him this news rough skethes but he didn't them. Then he told Riggs that the album would not be called "The Wickerman" because of an info lick to the press.
So, in the end he told Riggs that he liked the Eddie cloud and told him to rework it a bit to be used in the album.

Riggs got tired of this and promise to himself not to work with Maiden again in this conditions. And he then he went to rework on Eddie cloud for Maiden's "Brave New World" album.

edystg.jpg

Artwork done for the "Brave New World" t-shirts.
This was the last artwork that Riggs done for Maiden. He will not work for Maiden anymore.

PS: try to find Derek Riggs himself in the artwork. I wanna see who will catch him :D

THE END

It was a fun ride! Thanks for sharing all those pics!
:D

I think Derek might be the guy at the left edge about the third row, but the picture is so small I can't really tell...

Originally posted by Red Shirt
Why won't Derek Riggs do anymore work for maiden?

Riggs has problems with Maiden since the No Prayer For The Dying album. The Fear Of The Dark album cover is based on sketches that Riggs did. But got worst with the BNW album cover (read my post above about it).