The Devil You Know

That's a Fair response. I know you disagree with this but record sales and attendace dropped due to record company issues. When Electra changed management after SOWN, the new person said "if I knew you were on our books, I would have got rid of you earlier" hence reduced budget for Stomp and lack of promotion that goes with that. Then they had to find a new deal, that record company went under, hence no promotion, 200 per gig......Finally Nuclear Blast/ Sanctuary WCFYA, big again in Europe due to bigger Budget for Album and Tour. So really, it didn't matter who was fronting the band or what style they were playing. If they really did sell out, why ain't they more popular then?? The cost of making albums is huge, the cost of freighting gear around they world and paying roadies is huge, bands must tour to pay record companies back, after all, they finance the albums. So what if a song has a commercial chorus, if it gets more fans, they they can get turned onto they heavier stuff when they buy the album. Like I said, if they stuck with Joey and played Thrash all the time with the above issues, there would be no Anthrax..........lets by greatful.........sheesh

Agreed. Anthrax wasn't the only band that got shit on by Sylvia Rhone; read Mötley's book and Nikki tells all about it. She basically slit the throat of Elektra, fucking over most of the rock bands, Metallica excepted.

Then Anthrax went through TWO label bankruptcies (Ignition & Beyond).

And Sanctuary fucking sucked for promotion. Mustaine also said this from his time Megadeth was on the label. Joey wouldn't have helped this scenario, nor making a "trü-thrash" record.

Agreed. Anthrax wasn't the only band that got shit on by Sylvia Rhone; read Mötley's book and Nikki tells all about it. She basically slit the throat of Elektra, fucking over most of the rock bands, Metallica excepted.

And Sanctuary fucking sucked for promotion. Mustaine also said this from his time Megadeth was on the label. Joey wouldn't have helped this scenario, nor making a "trü-thrash" record.

Winner!!:worship:

Or maybe just maybe the music was so fucking generic and terrible that no label wanted anything to do with it. If the music was good enough believe me it would have gotten proper promotion. But nobody wanted to touch that garbage. Even Motley Crue put out shitty music and it's no wonder they didn't get promotion.

Even if a label goes bankrupt another label could step in and own the rights and give it proper promotion. But nobody wanted to touch it. Not work the investment.

Ignition and Beyond going bankrupt? Why were they even on low budget indie labels in the first place? Because they couldn't sell a record due to the fact they turned into shit.

I am tired of the delusional bushthrax fans making excuses for those terrible albums not being bigger than they were. You have to face the facts that Volume 8, Stomp, and WCFYA are not good Anthrax albums. I don't care if they got millions of dollars to promote those albums they would have failed just the same.

As for Joey making an album thrash or not that is very true. He wouldn't. That is because Scott and Charlie ruined the band and had no interest in continuing on playing Thrash Metal music. They got scared when metal wasn't 'cool' anymore and decided to try and go with the times. Didn't work. Nice try.

broken-record-765056.jpg

LOL......So true. How dare IMFAN09 even try to speak for the record companies. Those records are terrible for him only. I think they were dropped because of thier "Thrash" past, because of the how the public labeled them. Funny how he calls us delusional..........I know the one who is.......LOL. Anthrax had thrash element only, they never ever labeled themselves as thrash, build a bridge...........

It's all about IMFAN09 only, every post.........he thinks he speaks for the masses, I have news for him.............

LOL......Those records are terrible for him only. .

It's all about IMFAN09 only, every post.........he thinks he speaks for the masses, I have news for him.............

Really? You think I am the only one that thought Stomp, Volume 8, and WCFYA were not good? I have news for you......

And yes I do speak for the majority of the old School Anthrax fans. Most of them are not on this forum as they gave up on them long ago. The MAJORITY of old school Anthrax fans don't like the Stomp and Volume 8 garbage. Thats just a fact. Spin it how you want. And yes I said MOST not ALL.

Really? You think I am the only one that thought Stomp, Volume 8, and WCFYA were not good? I have news for you......

And yes I do speak for the majority of the old School Anthrax fans. Most of them are not on this forum as they gave up on them long ago. The MAJORITY of old school Anthrax fans don't like the Stomp and Volume 8 garbage. Thats just a fact. Spin it how you want. And yes I said MOST not ALL.

Well I would say ther are more fans of both eras combined, then just "old school" or "bushthraxers". At least in Europe and Australia the same crowds show up for both, shows have they same intensity. We are Graetful to Anthrax for just still being around. I love both, that's it. I respect that you love "only" the old shit, but show respect for others. Treat people and thier opinois they way YOU would like to be treated.........peace