The Devil You Know

Seems like all the Thrash Heads want Anthrax to fail............Just think, if they made albums the way YOU wanted, there would be no more Anthrax........

The more I heard this single the more I love it.

Seriously.
Can't.
Fricken.
Wait.
Til Sep 13!!

Seems like all the Thrash Heads want Anthrax to fail............Just think, if they made albums the way YOU wanted, there would be no more Anthrax........

Funny. They started making non thrash albums, which is the opposite of the way I wanted and they almost did become extinct. 200 people in attendance on the volume 8 tour in many places. Then they decided to not involve Joey in the album after the reunion and once again they almost became extinct. So you can thank Joey for saving them, not Anthrax's musical style.

As far as people who love Anthrax for being a great Thrash Metal band wanting them to fail. That could be true. I know when Metallica stopped playing thrash I wanted nothing more than for them to fail. But the reality is that mainstream music sells a lot more than the more underground thrash stuff. So in some cases it will help a band get more popular. If this new album was like Volume 8 Id wish for them to fail. But from what I have heard so far it sounds semi promising. It's certainly not going to be among the living part 2 but its definitely going to be much better than Stomp, Volume 8, or WCFYA so that is a good thing!

They decided not to hire Joey and right after that they went on tour with probably biggest metal band on Earth, Iron Maiden that is.

They decided not to hire Joey and right after that they went on tour with probably biggest metal band on Earth, Iron Maiden that is.

They played a few shows with Maiden I was at 2 of them. They were just flat out silly with Don Nelson on Vocals. Between him and Rob with the beanie it just didn't seem like Anthrax. That was the first I had seen them since the reunion tour and it was just not the same. Don tried WAYYYYY to hard to try and act like Phil Anselmo on stage. Not many people in the audience were that into it.

Parrot-care-information.jpg

Let's get real for a second:

Why is it ok for Joey to wear the Indian headdress but not ok for Rob to wear the beanie?

Give it up, the crazy midget isn't coming back

They played a few shows with Maiden I was at 2 of them. They were just flat out silly with Don Nelson on Vocals. Between him and Rob with the beanie it just didn't seem like Anthrax. That was the first I had seen them since the reunion tour and it was just not the same. Don tried WAYYYYY to hard to try and act like Phil Anselmo on stage. Not many people in the audience were that into it.

A-ha! Rob didn't even wear that beanie back then! In fact he really looked like Andreas Kisser with all that hair on his face. And Bruce Dickinson went to Anthrax's dressing room and gave Dan his approval!

A-ha! Rob didn't even wear that beanie back then! In fact he really looked like Andreas Kisser with all that hair on his face. And Bruce Dickinson went to Anthrax's dressing room and gave Dan his approval!

Actually you are right. I actually don't think Rob had on the beanie he had long hair, purple guitar and really tight black pants. He looked like he was straight out of Monster Magnet. My bad. Thats great Don got approval from Bruce Dickinson, too bad he didn't have approval from the audience and his own band :devil:

They might have sucked the biggest cock in the universe because of Rob's beanie and all but that was actually not my point.

Funny. They started making non thrash albums, which is the opposite of the way I wanted and they almost did become extinct. 200 people in attendance on the volume 8 tour in many places. Then they decided to not involve Joey in the album after the reunion and once again they almost became extinct. So you can thank Joey for saving them, not Anthrax's musical style.

As far as people who love Anthrax for being a great Thrash Metal band wanting them to fail. That could be true. I know when Metallica stopped playing thrash I wanted nothing more than for them to fail. But the reality is that mainstream music sells a lot more than the more underground thrash stuff. So in some cases it will help a band get more popular. If this new album was like Volume 8 Id wish for them to fail. But from what I have heard so far it sounds semi promising. It's certainly not going to be among the living part 2 but its definitely going to be much better than Stomp, Volume 8, or WCFYA so that is a good thing!

That's a Fair response. I know you disagree with this but record sales and attendace dropped due to record company issues. When Electra changed management after SOWN, the new person said "if I knew you were on our books, I would have got rid of you earlier" hence reduced budget for Stomp and lack of promotion that goes with that. Then they had to find a new deal, that record company went under, hence no promotion, 200 per gig......Finally Nuclear Blast/ Sanctuary WCFYA, big again in Europe due to bigger Budget for Album and Tour. So really, it didn't matter who was fronting the band or what style they were playing. If they really did sell out, why ain't they more popular then?? The cost of making albums is huge, the cost of freighting gear around they world and paying roadies is huge, bands must tour to pay record companies back, after all, they finance the albums. So what if a song has a commercial chorus, if it gets more fans, they they can get turned onto they heavier stuff when they buy the album. Like I said, if they stuck with Joey and played Thrash all the time with the above issues, there would be no Anthrax..........lets by greatful.........sheesh

back to topic:
what makes me skeptical about WM is that TDYK was described as the albums best song in 2 different reviews so far, fear is raising.

Raising fear!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnhIKZLEOcU&feature=related[/ame]

back to topic:
what makes me skeptical about WM is that TDYK was described as the albums best song in 2 different reviews so far, fear is raising.

Kind of weird too, but it's a personal preferences question, I hope there are better songs than the two they've put out so far.

Rob SUCKS on stage. Take that goddamn beany cap off. ARRRG. And purple guitars? :tickled:
In all seriousness I like his leads on this new album a lot more than others. Still miss Dan. Liked his leads the best.

SO?? I'm not scared :devil:
Maybe you'll feel better after reading this latest review from someone who is a fan of both eras.

http://www.iconvsicon.com/2011/08/22/review-anthrax-returns-with-power-of-worship-music/

I really like TDYK but I was wondering how they could say it's one of the best tracks also. I guess it's personal taste but I think the thing is that TDYK is one of the more "accessible" tracks and the reviewers are going on initial reactions. Some of the other tracks are growers that pay off with repeated listens.