The Doors

I always considered Black Sabbath the metal of the 60s. I love the Doors though, but I never thought of them as metal in any sort of way.

Actually I have heard that the first time the term "heavy metal" was used was to describe Jimi Hendrix, because his playing sounded like falling metal. I have absolutely nothing in terms of factual evidence to back this up with, but somebody did tell me this once back in high school. *solid credibility acheived* :D

NP: The Misfits

I don't think you can really categorize the Doors at all. They have so many different styles they adopted. I really love their music and have been listening to it all my life.

Just in recent years they have been called punk pioneers along with Velvet Underground. So who knows what they will be catagorized as next year or decade.

livingdead_girl said:
I don't think you can really categorize the Doors at all. They have so many different styles they adopted. I really love their music and have been listening to it all my life.

That is a good point. Tho They Invented as much or more than they adopted

(I believe we al know that the phrase heavy metal is supposed to come from a line in Free's -born to be wild which was included in easy rider ost.Hendrix is also included in there)

the doors are one of the greatest bands of all time I must say. Absolutely live is my favourite lp , probably strange days from the studio ones, and An american prayer is their absolute masterpeice imo.

cybernaut said:
(I believe we al know that the phrase heavy metal is supposed to come from a line in Free's -born to be wild which was included in easy rider ost.Hendrix is also included in there)

the doors are one of the greatest bands of all time I must say. Absolutely live is my favourite lp , probably strange days from the studio ones, and An american prayer is their absolute masterpeice imo.
There's a line in the song Born To Be Wild, 'Heavy Metal Thunder'. It's a Steppenwolf song.

Doors are great. I so far have the self-titled and Strange Days, and they are both awesome. Ray Manzarek is probably my favorite rock organist. Even though they didn't have a bass player, Manzarek filled that empty space IMO. :)