"The Drapery Falls" or "The Drapery Falls"?

I always thought of it as in a theater, the drapery being the curtain. A drapery falling is usually a symbol for closure or ending. At least thats how i've always viewed it.

I always thought of it as a waterfall named after some set of curtains. I never even considered the possibility that it could be about an actual drapery.... falling. :OMG:

Why would a an album full of death metal subject matter have a song about a fucking poorly named waterfall?

I always thought of it as in a theater, the drapery being the curtain. A drapery falling is usually a symbol for closure or ending. At least thats how i've always viewed it.

This is reasonable. Also I have thought like truth being uncovered.

I always thought of the 'drapery falling' as a metaphor for a secret or something being kept hidden finally being revealed (from, er...behind drapes obviously :Smug:) - like a behind the mask type of deal.

Hope Leaves could be talking about leaves from a tree too but um...yea its probably not, just a hunch

so guise is "demon of the fall" about a demon who is falling or is it about a demon from the season of fall??????

also, is ghost of perdition about a ghost from perdition or is it about a ghost (shadow, echo, remnant) of perdition???????

THERE ARE SO MANY UNANSWERED QUESTIONS

pretty much, none of it makes actually any sense.................... and in europe no one calls it fall so it wouldn't be that.

Why would a an album full of death metal subject matter have a song about a fucking poorly named waterfall?

Haha have you noticed that quite a bit of Opeth lyrics talk about fuckin landscape, nature and shit mixed with death metal themes?! So if Drapery Falls is about a waterfall wouldn't actually suprise me.

I can't believe there's actually a thread about this. But if Mikael or anyone from the band still reads this forum, I hope they post here to tell you that if they were going to name an imaginary waterfall they could do a little better than "Drapery." Good grief