"The Dream of the Old Boats"...what do you think?

Alcapoth

S t a r E
Apr 27, 2002
ON, Canada
Visit site
Yep, another Novembre thread from me....based around the new song off their new album. So, what do you think of it? That is, if anyone has heard it yet...?

I just downloaded the song and came away very impressed by it! Very dreamy and emotional with some beautiful melodies....then in the middle it gets down to the amazing growls. I love this combination of beauty and heaviness......

In fact, if there is ONE complaint I have, it is in the way the song ends. Very abruptly....it ends with an awesome solo, just when I thought the song should have kept going into something more it ends, and for that reason I was kinda disappointed.....

Still, the song overall is a beauty and am looking forward to hearing more songs off the album.

Novembre just kicks mega ass!

I actually received a CDR of the album from Carmelo the other day, and I must say that I'm a tad disappointed. Of course, I've owned an original copy of Wish since it came out, so this new release is kind of redundant. It sounds VERY similar to the original and it's very faithful for the most part. I'm thinking that this is a bad move on their part since the material on this album is more of a regression than the progression they should be showing after Novembrine Waltz. If anything, Arte Novecento is the stronger of the two out of print albums.

Oh well.

well of course it wont be as developed as NW because thats their pinnacle of songwriting so far, dreams is just a remake of the ideas they had years ago! I really love the dream of the old boats, but I'm looking even more forward to the legit followup album to NW...should be beautiful