What do you think of Cynic's Focus?

Cynic is overrated. They're talented, but there's a lot better out there. They were ahead of their time, but who cares, they aren't too special by todays standards. I like what the ex-members are doing now a lot better, especially Gordian Knot.

I am so curious about the demos now. I always thought the production on Focus was so-so being an early 90's release with little being small budget deal.

NP: Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black

Originally posted by Trapped
Pac - Seeing cynic live, that's unreal... Good acheivement!

Yes it was.;)

Cynic is the reason why I went in the first place. I wasn't to crazy about the others that were performing that night.

It was interesting though becuase the person doing the death vocals was a chick, totally un-expected. Paul Masvidal was executing the electronic vocals. I remember all the guys in the show going crazy when the chick unleashed that first growl. It surprised me thats for sure, the girl wasn't to bad either.;)

:cool:

Originally posted by IanDork107
Cynic is overrated. They're talented, but there's a lot better out there. They were ahead of their time, but who cares, they aren't too special by todays standards. I like what the ex-members are doing now a lot better, especially Gordian Knot.

Your post says it all, you are smart enought to know they where ahead of their time but stupid enought to say it doesnt matters and that there are better bands nowdays. That message is on my top 10 most stupid posts ever now.

MacMoney, do you like the production on Focus? Don't you think it could have been better? I'm fine with the vocals though, and I'm still thinking if Focus is a better album than every Opeth disc ever released? That's how it good it is, IMO.

Originally posted by Mezarkabul
MacMoney, do you like the production on Focus? Don't you think it could have been better? I'm fine with the vocals though, and I'm still thinking if Focus is a better album than every Opeth disc ever released? That's how it good it is, IMO.

Yes, it could've been better but it's competent enough not to bother me. I listen to the music, not the production and since essentially there's nothing wrong with the production, everything can be heard well enough and no instrument has an annyoing sound it's fine by me. Most Opeth, well most metal fans, tend to listen to the production first and if the production is not overtly glossy, they have trouble listening to the music.