• of course they are

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • yeah, but there are times they arent

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • nah they completely blow at it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Wolftribe said:
hmmm i like opeth, but it really pisses me off when people say that.

Was just busting balls, don't take it seriuosly please... :)

There are a few times i've thought that the changes were a little off myself actually in a few songs. nobody's perfect i guess...

Any band that can play the same damn riff for four fucking minutes and still keep me headbanging is teh win.

[the riff I'm talking about is at the end of the song Deliverance]

Seraphim Belial said:
now i know there are a lot of people who dont like opeth, but when i was talking to one of my friends and i asked her what exactly was it about opeth she didnt like (trying to see if there was a real reason, not the typical "oh they just" suck excuse or "damnation is lame", as if that was the only album that was heard by said persons).
however, she just said "their not good with flowing melodies, their bad at it" (as in structure-wise).

i know everything is different for everybody, but are their songs that you actually could agree with her on on the basis that it just "doesnt cut it?"
It's obvious to me that your friend is sleeping with one of the members of Hammerfall. Ask her to get you autographs, sell them on e-bay, and use the money to build a personal shrine to Opeth that you require all your friends to pray to upon entering your home. That will teach her.