What do you really think...

killerklown

New Metal Member
Mar 13, 2008
With all this banter about whether you like the new Opeth material or don't like it...I was thinking, Why does it matter? What I mean is that while I value others opinions on the music we know and love...does it really matter if someone else says that they don't like the new Opeth tune?

Are you truly effected by what others say regarding the new material or for that matter any of the old material? Is it going to stop you from picking it up or counting down the days until June 3rd?

The fact of the matter is that for fans of the bands that you love the idea that new material is out there on the horizon and soon to be delivered can be nothing short of excruciating that we can't hear it now.

(For the record, in my opinion Opeth have a catalogue that would stack up with any band that has ever entered a recording studio...

IMO, their first two were their 'mediocre' albums. Just because
of how much they've evolved in the past twelve years. Their
amazing songwriting abilities have really grown over time, and I
don't see why Watershed should be any different.

^ No way! It's not their 'mediocre' exception but it's my least favourite = Morningrise.

Morningrise is the mediocre album.

NO WAI.

In my eyes the album that has Nectar, BRI and tbyf could never be mediocre. In fact Morningrise is one of my fave opeth records.

and nah, someone else's opinion on the song won't affect me. everyone seems to bash morningrise but I still love it, so...

I think their mediocre album is Ghost Reveries, and hope this one will see a return to the harder darker edge of previous discs, with more of the folky feel.