Do You Get Anxious Waiting For The Next Album?

MetalManCPA

Papa Opeth
May 19, 2001
Visit site
I do.

When you thoroughly enjoy a band, like I do Opeth, you can't get enough. But the truth is, you can only play the same albums (5 in this case) only so many times before you get the feeling that something is missing - that something missing being new music.

So I feel I have reached the "anxious" stage with Opeth - I really need some new material. That takes nothing away from their prior work, but knowing that they still exist as a band, that makes me want more. If they broke up - all that anxiousness would end: all I'd have is dissapointment. But we all know that Opeth has an upcoming release. I'm starting to feel that I "need" that release - I need something new.

Do you get this way - or are you patient?

Patient? AHAHAHAHAA. I'm on a constant hype waiting for the new album... I need my dose... I only got into Opeth like a few months ago (maybe 6 or 7) and since then I've got all their shit, but I need something new!! :D

i did, then it stopped getting mentioned and i was alright, until you bring this topic up again. theres loads and loads of music coming out this year (opeth,katatonia, lacuna coil, the gathering and bloodbath are all ones i cant wait for!!!) the only thing is...sometimes if your waiting for a whole year or more for an album you build it up too much, beyond expectation and it becomes an anti-climax listening to it, but i cant visualise the two new albums to be an anti-climax.

hmn, i got a flyer saying opeth live at the mean fidler and on the bottom it said Blackwater Park - re-release out now, but it isn't...

I actually think about the new albums everyday... I can't wait. I sit here listening to Sorskogen everyday.. and I imagine what the covers will be.. I look forward to the lyrics.. I'm very impatient.. And I wish they'd hurry the fuck up. But even with hammering moss, i know that it's hard to record stuff, and it all takes time... I just can't wait.

yes, I'm dying with anticipation....."antici-paaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyayayayayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaashuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnn" ....sorry

hehehe Sadistik that sounds like something from the Oyo Fit puppet show!!! YOU WIN!!! YAY!!!

And i am seriously excited for the albums i am crapping my pants... but as jim said... fuck i can wait.... i want it to be the perfect album that they can put out with no pressure to release it early or not quite get it how they want it. So i could wait a whole nother year (is nother a word...?) for the album if i must.

i still like exploring the other albums but i do get worried that i will get excited about the next one and it will turn out crap.....even tho i know its not gonna happen :D . the worst thing is when they set a date for the release and then it is delayed.....AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!:mad:

Of course we are in anticipation, and because the recording is still in the embryonic stages we have our imaginations to contemplate how this record might turn out..."one mellow, one heavy" is going to be the biggest oversimplification ever, mark my words. :)

Originally posted by Claire's Horror
I don't. At least not with Opeth.
Fuck. Why do you take every opportunity to slam Opeth on their own board? It's pathetic. I don't go to the Placebo board and talk about how boring their music is.

Originally posted by Lina
Fuck. Why do you take every opportunity to slam Opeth on their own board? It's pathetic. I don't go to the Placebo board and talk about how boring their music is.

By presenting the fact that Opeth isn't God in music, and the greatest band in the history of astral time and space, and Mikael isn't the messiah and will save us all from eternal damnation..... thats slamming?

You Opeth worshippers should take a deep breath and look around. Theres lots of good music out there, Opeth isn't the greatest band ever.

Of course, many of us HAVE listened to the "good music", and still think Opeth are the best. Because we have an OPINION. What I believe Lina was saying, whether rightly or not, is that there was no need for Claire's Horror to have a random pop at Opeth.

For the original question, I have to say NO. Anxious is not the right word for it - that makes it seem like I'm worried. I'm looking forward to it/them.

Brooks you dirty fucker you long time no... err... typing in your direction...? YOU KNOW i like he good stuff that you like and i still think Opeth is the greatest band up there with Dream Theater... so shaddap and show me a proper death growl already!!! I BEEN WAITING LIKE 6 FUCKIN MONTHS!!! heheh

Sometimes people see so many others being happy and want to be the one that chimes in differently and says "no, stop being happy!" and disagrees. Possibly make you sound foolish for being so happy. (which I think is rather silly, but to each his own) Maybe that's all that was. ;) The name of thread was "Do you get anxious waiting for the next album?" Now, anyone can see this thread has the potential of praise and gushing with anticipation. If you don't have it, why would you comment...BUT HEY! This is a discussion board. Shall we?

As far as the thread topic, the anticipation of knowing so many Opeth fans this time is what's going to make it better for me, whether it's online or not. Every time I've bought a CD, I was pretty much on my own. This will be the first time I get to hear a pack of raving fan's reactions and thoughts. I can't wait, but I have a good feeling that Mikael and Pete and Martin and Martin are doing things right. They won't release something they weren't happy with. I'm dying for a release DAY though.

A good point was brought up about how over anticipating can make something less brilliant once you finally have it. I've had that happen in the past, but with Opeth it's different. Brook put it best... where is that? It went something like "Opeth is God in music, and the greatest band in the history of astral time and space, and Mikael is the messiah and will save us all from eternal damnation"...or something similar to that affect.
evil_laughterpurple.gif