do you ever have trouble sleeping?

I have trouble sleeping because I have to cram my normal sleep/wake cycle into a 24 hour day, with which it is horribly mismatched. I just can't hack the 8/16 grind, I feel like shit all the time. Maybe I need to start a campaign for a 30 hour day. :p

I have always found it strange how the your thoughts and behavior can affect your sleeping. I remeber there have been times when I couldn't get to sleep because I was thinking about what I had to do the next day or what I didn't do that day. I have finally realized that you have to plan time to not do anything, or watch mindless t.v. I usually try and gett at least 4 hours of it a week becuase so you can have some buisy days and some not so buisy. But as for the heat for some reason I can't sleep when it's really hot out side but when it gets cold I have to bundle up in like 3 blanket to get the more comfortable.

Don't have any problems falling asleep. My main problem is that I fall asleep. Sometimes when going somewhere (by bus or by car) I just can't keep my eyes open (don't worry, I'm underaged so I'm not actually driving the car). I usually fall asleep when reading to exams and that really pisses me off.

I sometimes have troubles to get sleep though. Usually because of excitement or some such...

hehe i just remembered i had trouble sleeping a lil while when i was a kid, it was just after i got a snes and super mario world, and i would play it all day non-stop, and they had ghost house levels with little boo and big boo ghosts, and i had mario on my mind all the time, even as i was going to sleep, and i would have nightmares about little boo being all around me! and i was scared to go to sleep :lol:

Originally posted by moonchild
hehe i just remembered i had trouble sleeping a lil while when i was a kid, it was just after i got a snes and super mario world, and i would play it all day non-stop, and they had ghost house levels with little boo and big boo ghosts, and i had mario on my mind all the time, even as i was going to sleep, and i would have nightmares about little boo being all around me! and i was scared to go to sleep :lol:

Yeah I remember some of those games that you didn't want to stop playing. There was this one game that me and my brother where playing, it happend to be on a weekend, but We played untill like 4 in the morning and decided that we would set our alarms for 6 am so we could play the whole rest of the day :lol: ohhh well some of the thing you do when your a kid

Originally posted by crumbling mirth
do your troubles, worries, and concerns ever get in the way of your sleep pattern?
does the heat affect your ability to sleep?
do you need to be in a particular frame of mind - need to feel calm or at ease in order to have a restful sleep?

Yes.

The worst thing is when you have stress dreams - i.e. you have a stressful day (at work, usually) then all while trying to sleep you keep thinking you're back at that time in that day, and thinking "I can't sleep! I have to do ____!" Then you kinda wake up and snap out of it and realize that you're at home, in bed, it's okay... but as soon as you try to go back to sleep... all night long.

My sleep pattern is completely irradic, though. I sleep when I'm tired or when I can. Some nights it's 3 hours, recently I slept 17 hours (in 2 seperate stretches a few hours apart) over the course of 24 hours. I can sleep for 12 or 14 hours from time to time. Other times, not at all.

Sometimes I'm so tired my eyes sting and I can't sleep because of that, anyone else experience this?
Yeah, that's when you're too tired to sleep.

haha. school always seemed to soak up a lot of the week. a university timetable with a part time job seems much more relaxed somehow :)

i'd say it has a lot to do with the monotony and routine of school.

and yeah, hoser, i've been affected in that way a number of times. my dreams often seem to reflect what i've been doing, my commitments etc.

i recall being up all night completing an english essay and then dreaming that i hadn't actually finished it, that i still needed to do it and that time was against me.

Originally posted by crumbling mirth
haha. school always seemed to soak up a lot of the week. a university timetable with a part time job seems much more relaxed somehow :)

i'd say it has a lot to do with the monotony and routine of school.

I have worked several times in the holidays - as in proper jobs, pretty much ur avarage uni-leaver job, and I found it sopmuch easier than school! Its silly really...

I've had problems in the past because, god knows when you're trying to fall to sleep and something's on your mind, you might as well forget about it. Although, when you're trying to think up something that IS the best time. I've thought of some great ideas right before I've fallen asleep. Remembering them the next morning is another story! :p But, if I'm just dwelling over something that happened that I can't change or stop myself from obsessing over, I just start imagining things. The craziest. Remember the thread where I said "I've imagined playing Opeth live." :lol: That's when I did it! I swear, I just make a story in my head...and before I know it. I'm fast asleep. :)