do you ever have trouble sleeping?

crumbling mirth

the song remains the same
Aug 10, 2001
sydney
Visit site
do your troubles, worries, and concerns ever get in the way of your sleep pattern?
does the heat affect your ability to sleep?
do you need to be in a particular frame of mind - need to feel calm or at ease in order to have a restful sleep?

personally, i'm affected by all of the above.
tonight, for example, i'm feeling physically tired. yet i'm anxious and even worried about a number of things. despite my fan going full ball, the room remains hot. i sort of wish that i could have a friend or perhaps my girlfriend here for some company. because right at present i'm not feeling too comfortable with my own thoughts...

nope, only time i ever have any trouble sleeping is christmas eve, guess its a hangover from the excitement of it all as a child, apart from that though i fall asleep pretty much as my head hits the pillow, i also always fall asleep in the bus or train no matter how much i try to stay awake and recently i've been having trouble staying awake during lectures :D zzzZZZzzzZZZZZ... :zzz:

Originally posted by crumbling mirth
do your troubles, worries, and concerns ever get in the way of your sleep pattern?
does the heat affect your ability to sleep?
do you need to be in a particular frame of mind - need to feel calm or at ease in order to have a restful sleep?

I used to have trouble sleeping when I was going to
school a couple of years ago. I had alot of homework
that I never did, but it is always on your mind.
Then loads of tests and things you need to prepare
for the next day. Then I had mediaclasses that evolve
around you doing everything insted of reading about it.
Like writing an article and making a radishow instead
of reading about how it is done.....

Then I got the internet as well, which stressed me
because there were so many thing I wanted to explore...

But I remember loving this time... I like to have hundreds
of things to do and losing sleep over it.
I love being busy! :eek:)

When I get stressed I can't sleep.
There are too many things I want to do and lie there
thinkin' about it the whole night.
Some periods I am feeling really creative and can't sleep
because I get heeps of brilliant ideas....

blackspirit - i get really creative thoughts and ideas late at night whilst lying in bed too! :)

and yeah, when my mind becomes very occupied sleep becomes a difficult thing. for example, i frequently lie in bed thinking about my friends, music, work, university, study, exams, results....etc. ;)

yeah, it certainly seems to be something that comes in waves. it seems that it's impossible to have just one disturbing thought. it has to be compounded by a number of other uncomfortable thoughts.

Originally posted by crumbling mirth
yeah, it certainly seems to be something that comes in waves.

Yeah, I have noticed that as well...
Everything comes in waves for me...

One week I am busy as hell and the next week
there's nothing going on. Like right now there
are a ton of CD's that I REALLY want,
and then in two months this will have calmed
down and I hunger for bands that I need
to check out...

in these days i have problems with getting sleep. normally this is pretty much al moonchild said, hitting the pillow and :zzz: , but my final exam is knocking at my front door. i have to make three presentations of what i've done and hold them in front of the people in my company (for training), and then, in january gold it in front of some important guys who will rate my performance and decide what will become of me... this troubles me very much and keeps me awake...

what i hate is when i actually feel like sleeping, yet can't submit to the urge because i've got too much stuff to do - an assignment that's due in the next day for example.

i cant imagine anything worse than insomnia, a few years ago during exams i didnt go to bed for about 2 weeks cos i left all my revision to the last minute and thought i was going to fail them all, it really messed me up, i actually fell asleep for about 10 minutes during one exam :) apart from that it really messed with my mind, my thoughts were jumping all over the place, i couldnt concentrate for more than a few seconds and towards the end i think i actually started hallucinating...

1 do your troubles, worries, and concerns ever get in the way of your sleep pattern?

2 does the heat affect your ability to sleep?

3 do you need to be in a particular frame of mind - need to feel calm or at ease in order to have a restful sleep?

1:Yes all the time. Thing is i do not know i am having torubles worries or concerns until i break down crying with no reason or get mad punching doors cause the internet is down...
:cry: I do not know if my sleeping problems are constant or my personal ones are but it has been a while since i have a nice sleeping pattern for a week in a row....almost a year now.

2:When your city average is like 30 celcius and reach 43 ( sometimes as high as 45 in noon...i sleep in noon ) You get used to it. Of course things are needed like taking a bottle of water and a shower right out of the bed cause all the sweating...but it never gets in the way of my sleep, cold a little bit but it has to be incredible cold with nothing to cover myself.

3: See #1

Of course you can't sleep when you're worried about things. It just happens, the only thing that you can do is try and block it out. Plus the fact I get too much homework adds to my sleep deprivation.

Sometimes I'm so tired my eyes sting and I can't sleep because of that, anyone else experience this?

Although lately, I've been putting on some classical, Opeth, and Katatonia before I sleep and nowadays I sleep much better.