The Dungeon

Skylark942

New Metal Member
Jun 14, 2009
I was reading up the Symphony X wiki, and read about The Dungeon.

Do we have any pictures of it? Apparently, "Symphony X spent a sum of money upgrading The Dungeon and buying state of the art orchestration software and tools for the rich symphonic arrangements in their songs."

I'd love to see this. At first what I thought was that Michael could give us a tour (like on Cribs "this is where the magic happens") on video for fans (or maybe Church of the Machine members only). I understand though that this probably couldn't happen with time management of the band. Would be interesting though...

What does everyone think of this idea?

I think it would be a sweet idea. There are a few pics of Romeo in the studio, but nothing that shows too much.

On another note, information/media, when it comes to SX, is extremely rare, regardless of what topic it falls under. I'm not complaining (anymore), just stating a fact.

I am pretty new to the site so I am not sure how much stuff they release. Do they pay any attention to the members of Church of the Machine?

Also, after recieving my t-shirt and signed autograph of them, is there any long term benefits?

Well, not really... the band doesn't pay much attention to fans at all. They only time you here from them, or see them is pretty much at a show. They are really good for making themselves available to the public. However, on the forums, on the official site, on the fan site, you never hear from them. Not like other bands where a certain band member always keep you updated. I mean in the past they've done a LIVE CHAT with the fans, but I mean since I have been around, its happened like twice. Thats a good 5 years

We post info when we get it. I post everything MJR & the band's management gives me, which is still somehow never good enough for pretty much anyone here..just as they're used to not getting their way, I'm used to nothing we do being enough, & we somehow manage to coexist here. *g*

We're sort of in a rebuilding phase right now..the band's site as well as the fan club as a whole are both getting a makeover, & there's some pretty big news a-brewing that I'll post as soon as MJR says I can (hopefully by the weekend, with any luck). He's also got some ideas and plans for some pretty cool content we'll be offering to tide you all over while they're working on the next cd..so while he may not be active musician online himself (due to his dislike of the internet, for some pretty valid reasons, which is why he has me around), he does give a damn.

If ya'll would like a chat, I'm sure I can set one up, I know it's been a while..

Well i'm pretty sure in '94 there was no facebook lol. I would assume it has more to do with the piracy issues, Russ however seems like the type who might be playing games all night, being the game guru he is. All well, Jaxx..... You've got me stoked, its amazing how when these types of thread pop up there happens to be news just around the corner lol!

Anyway, still would like to see The Dungeon, even if its Michael's basement.

Can't to see the website and news updated :).

I think it's cool to get to hear something new soon. It's been a while now.

I understand that Michael isn't really a fan of internet with the piracy and all, but I just wish that he and other musicians understand that I would have never bought a Symphony X album if I hadn't first found them through internet. I am one of those people who download albums, listen to them and then buy them if I like them, I'm sorry if that offends someone.

But on Symphony X, I find it really, really cool that they have this great bunch of songs on their website free to download. I'm sure everyone agrees that it is a really good thing to have some snippets like that on the website for introduction.

By the way, do the Symphony X guys know that their whole discography apart from V is listenable through Spotify? (Spotify is a legal music streaming program for PC, costs 10$ per month, but is free in some countries for people who get an invitation from a user, like me)

I've heard that artists are supposed to get something from Spotify listens, but I don't really know how it works. The company makes the deals with the labels, I guess, but I don't know who gets and how much money from it.

I understand that Michael isn't really a fan of internet with the piracy and all, but I just wish that he and other musicians understand that I would have never bought a Symphony X album if I hadn't first found them through internet. I am one of those people who download albums, listen to them and then buy them if I like them, I'm sorry if that offends someone.

Same here. I found Symphony X through a list of symphonic metal bands (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_symphonic_metal_bands). Downloaded a few songs (Evolution and Masquerade) and loved them immediately.

Whats deterred me from buying an album is the price. $27 at HMV and even then they might have to order it. When I buy the Symphony X albums, it'll probably be off the bands website (whenever I find a job).

I do understand Michael's reasoning though, but I would've never heard of Symphony X if it weren't for sharing of music via internet.

I found SX on Amazon when checking DT's albums to see what I had missed. The little thing there that says people that bought this also bought CD's by _______. Then ironically I come here and find lots of hate for DT... go figure. I suspect it might be some of that kind of stuff that might turn Romeo off to the net too. Im as guilty as anyone of net bitching.....

I have 2 words when it comes to buying prog albums... LASER CD. That is all...
wait, no, I also want to say that I'm excited that the website is going to be updated (it's quite needed), and even more excited for more SX material! :headbang:

Hi,

I'm wondering if you can share that information romeo gave you, Jax , I can't wait to hear how things are going with the band.