The DVD

Well the limited edition was nowhere to be found in Gothenburg :( I looked through six different stores including the one where they had the signing session. I have now ordered one from Ginza and hope they have one left but it turned out to be VERY expensive.

On a more positive note the acoustic gig was great and the guys were really nice as always. Tom joked around and all of us had a great time! Setlist:

As I Lie here Bleeding
Misled
More Than Ever
Words Mean Nothing (I asked Tom to play it and they did! Finally I got to hear this great track)
Blinded

The sound was also really good although Tom complained a bit about the reverb they had put on the vocals :) I really wished they'd release a whole album like this. I took a couple of pictures as well and I'll post them as soon as I have them uploaded.

After seeing the concert and most of the backstage material i'm very satisfied. The concert brought back some real good memories and even sitting on the couch i got goosebumps again at several moments.
Thanks guys !! (and not to forget the rest of people involved that night)

Henk

Oh, and going to a chinese restaurant or ordering some chinese now has a whole new dimension to me, knowing that it takes at least two Chinese to record an album :D

Just finished watching the concert on the DVD and it was fucking amazing :).
Great sound, great camerawork and ofcourse great music. I must say: 'A Work of Art.' Now I know what I misted because of school :(.
Didn't watched the extra's yet, but I will see it saterday.

By the way, does anybody know what Tom meens by 'I look like Bruce Dickinson', couse I thought the DVD would explain it to me but they cut it out. So I'm very curious.

christmaschild said:
By the way, does anybody know what Tom meens by 'I look like Bruce Dickinson', couse I thought the DVD would explain it to me but they cut it out. So I'm very curious.

As far as I could tell he just meant that he felt like he could control the audience in a similar way. We were very loud at that time and Bruce is sort of famous for how he works a crowd.

Hmm, when I read this it sounds weird but I hope you understand what I meant :hotjump:

I got my DVD on Tuesday and watched the concert and the "In bed with Evergrey" interview so far and all I can say is this DVD package is one big happy pill. My cheeks hurt from smiling. :Spin:
What I like about the production is that it sounds like a real live concert and doesn't have the aseptic feel of most of today's concert recordings.
Great camera work. Awesome venue too!
Of all my concert DVDs (and these are plenty) "A Night to Remember" is already #1 . And I haven't even seen all of it.
Hope I'll find the time to watch the rest of it before I'm leaving for vacation on Saturday... :dopey:
Thanks Evergrey! We are unworthy. :worship:

Well I finally got my limited version in the mail today and I'm just about to start watching the extra material :headbang: . Since I'll be going to a DVD screening today I wont watch the gig itself until tonight though.

Strahd said:
As far as I could tell he just meant that he felt like he could control the audience in a similar way. We were very loud at that time and Bruce is sort of famous for how he works a crowd.

Hmm, when I read this it sounds weird but I hope you understand what I meant :hotjump:

Thank you for telling me this. It is clear now. :) :D
Glad your DVD finally came. Enjoy it.

I just ordered it today: I've been waiting for an Amazon gift certificate that finally showed up. I should have it next week sometime. :D

Hi!

Can anybody tell me how long is the dvd exactly?
I want to buy it this week and I read somewhere it takes 510 minutes but I found it very very long... Is it true or I'm mistaken?

It's here! I'm watching what I can of it before a thunderstorm arrives and knocks out my power.

Disc 2 (so far) is a hoot - mainly because I know so many of the people being shown. heehee.

(btw, I learned this in Germany, but this DVD just confirms it: don't EVER sit in the grass in Europe!)

I thought I'd throw my two cents in about this DVD, as I bought it earlier this week. I've checked out pretty much everything on it so far.

My overall impression is extremely positive, well worthy addition to my expanding music DVD collection. The obvious positives worth mentioning: TONS of content--you won't easily get through everything on here quickly. Because of this it has a high degree of replay value. The main concert DVD itself (DVD #1) is filmed in an absolutely stunning venue, the camera work is top notch and professional. Even the crowd and light work is done very well, which is not always the case on metal DVDs. The band has great stage presence which is crucial for a live DVD.. they look excited and hungry through each track. The addition of the on-stage chorus and string quartet is classy as hell and much appreciated.. it added heavily to the overall vibe.

The second DVD, which contains all the bonuses (videos, backstage footage, interviews..) has it's moments of greatness and everyone should be very appreciative that the band is so open in sharing as much material as they do--they don't hide who they are (which means being quite dorky and goofy..) and that demands respect from me. No false bullshit attitudes.

To bitch a little--it seems like there was /so much/ bonus footage that the band or those working on the DVD had to sift through that they really rushed everything together. The prime example is that the band talks in Swedish most of the time, so there was a need for subtitles. Well, the subtitles are hard coded on the video and done in a very amateur way. The size of the font used changes constantly (many times so small you can NOT read it), many things are not translated, there are typo's like fucking hell, some of the text runs OFF the screen, some doesn't stay on long enough to be properly read. That's frustrating. I wish more time was spent error-checking the subtitles and that they were done properly as an option in the menu so they'd display properly and consistently throughout. Also much of the footage is understandably amateur (shooting the band members with bright windows/lights behind them so you can't see a thing for extended periods of time)--and some of the editing (playing things in fast forward, replaying a dorky face a member makes over and over and over) are really just annoying to me. Although I admit that kind of goofy shit is common on metal DVDs.. I just don't particularly like it. Those are minor complaints however. OK I'll stop my bitching there.

OH--and excellent packaging on the DVD as well.

Congrats Evergrey--and thanks sharing all these video content spanning so many years. I wish more and more bands did this.. we certainly would like to share something like this in the future as well..