The Eagles have finally done it....

First, to all the young whippersnappers.... The Eagles are one of the greatest bands of all time. Suck it.

I don't consider myself a whippersnapper by any stretch, but The Eagles have just never appealed to me that much. I actually like most of their popular, hit songs, but I don't consider myself a true fan.

I did see the Hell Freezes Over Tour in Knoxville back in 94/95. The only reason I went was because my girl friend at the time (oddly enough a girl from Spring City) bought my ticket! I think those tickets were expensive too, especially for the time.

~Brian~

I'm tempted still.

Do it. I've seen them with H probably ten times over the years, and it's still a good show. The only thing that I've not liked is fewer and fewer of their old catalog. I know, the music marches on and all that, but those first Marillion albums are works of art. Still, they are great musicians, and I'd go myself if I didn't have to travel to do it.

The Eagles are one of my all time favorite bands. Great songs and unmatched harmonies. The Hell Freezes Over tour was one of the best shows I've ever seen, partly because it was never supposed to happen. Seen them twice after that, one regular outdoor stadium show and one charity show in a nice indoor medium sized venue. We even got Timothy B. Schmit to come to the fence and sign autographs! I've also seen Don Henley solo twice, Joe Walsh solo and a show with just Walsh & Glenn Frey.

I'd love to see them again, but no way I'd pay that kind of money. Sometimes when a scalper has to eat a bunch of tickets you can get a good deal. Not to mention if you know they're stuck with a bunch of expensive seats they can't sell, lots of times you can have a "cheap seat" and make your way down to an empty good seat if you're sneaky enough. Another trick is to get there a bit early and try to find someone who's friend couldn't make it and they're stuck with the extra ticket. There's always someone like that and in most cases they'd rather cut you a deal on the ticket so they can just get inside. Plus they'd also rather sell it to someone if they know you just want to see the show as opposed to selling it to a scalper who'll give them even less for the ticket.

Ticket prices here in Brazil (where I am currently living) are even worse than in the US.

The high prices are somewhat justified, as production costs are higher than in the US... South American tours usually have less than 10 dates, what makes the cost of flights and visas more expensive per show, as you can't dilute it between a 25 dates tour. And the entire tour is done by plane, never a tour bus.
And there is absolutely no such thing as tour support for any band...

Here are some examples of ticketprices for upcoming gigs in Brazil (without the ticket fees, in USD):

Metal/rock shows, in smaller clubs, not arenas:

Haggard: $50
Hail!: $25
Dimmu Borgir: $45
Zak Stevens (acoustic show): $27 to $44 (depending on the city)
Absu: $38
Amon Amarth: $41
Iced Earth: $55
Lamb of God, Hatebreed & Lacuna Coil: $66
Sodom: $37,50
Opeth: $44 to $77
Queensryche & Fates Warning: From $44 to $210 (!!!)
Obituary & Acheron: $38
Sebastian Bach: $50
The Devil Wears Prada, Whitechapel and Architects: $50
Annihilator & Otep: $44
Blind Guardian & Grave Digger: $62.50
Exodus: $38
Anthrax & Misfits: From $54 to $150
Forbidden: $44
Unisonic & Gotthard: From $58 to $133

Stadium/Arena Concerts:

Roger Waters: From $152 to $500 (I kid you not!)
Metal Open Air Festival (40 Bands): $187,50 (3 day pass)
Lollapalooza: $277 ( 2 days pass) or $166 per day

I sold a Rush ticket for over $200, and it was far from front row (row J I believe). So, these prices aren't too ridiculous. Why not try to sell tickets for the price that die hard fans are willing to pay scalpers? Well, there are good reasons and this has been a fairly well debated issue. Does a band owe its fans low prices? Or should a band raise tickets as high as possible, fully recognizing that only the most sacrificial or wealthy fans will end up coming?

Ticket prices here in Brazil (where I am currently living) are even worse than in the US.

The high prices are somewhat justified, as production costs are higher than in the US... South American tours usually have less than 10 dates, what makes the cost of flights and visas more expensive per show, as you can't dilute it between a 25 dates tour. And the entire tour is done by plane, never a tour bus.
And there is absolutely no such thing as tour support for any band...

Here are some examples of ticketprices for upcoming gigs in Brazil (without the ticket fees, in USD):

Metal/rock shows, in smaller clubs, not arenas:

Haggard: $50
Hail!: $25
Dimmu Borgir: $45
Zak Stevens (acoustic show): $27 to $44 (depending on the city)
Absu: $38
Amon Amarth: $41
Iced Earth: $55
Lamb of God, Hatebreed & Lacuna Coil: $66
Sodom: $37,50
Opeth: $44 to $77
Queensryche & Fates Warning: From $44 to $210 (!!!)
Obituary & Acheron: $38
Sebastian Bach: $50
The Devil Wears Prada, Whitechapel and Architects: $50
Annihilator & Otep: $44
Blind Guardian & Grave Digger: $62.50
Exodus: $38
Anthrax & Misfits: From $54 to $150
Forbidden: $44
Unisonic & Gotthard: From $58 to $133

Stadium/Arena Concerts:

Roger Waters: From $152 to $500 (I kid you not!)
Metal Open Air Festival (40 Bands): $187,50 (3 day pass)
Lollapalooza: $277 ( 2 days pass) or $166 per day

OH MY GOD:OMG: Just saw that you have the opportunity to see UNISONIC AND GOTTHARD!! I'd give anything to see that!