The Eagles have finally done it....

Under $100 for a decent seat I can see, I pay that for a hockey game....otherwise, I do not see much that I would walk away from and say, that was so worth it.

Have always liked the Eagles....never saw them till the Hell Freezing Over tour thingy....though those tickets were half that and then some if I remember....was a good show and I enjoyed it, but not the best I have ever seen. Just the same, go to an outdoor show, hang on the grass with friends...it is so much more about the night, than the show....damn, sounding like a credit card commercial.

When was this? When DeYoung was back in the 90's?

I saw them in 2010 at a small auditorium and the close floor seats were maybe $55. At the 2011 SC State Fair their tickets were $10 for all seats...

Paradise Theatre, 1980, The Omni (Atlanta) ticket was maybe $15?

I've had no desire to see them since. That was fine, and the price was fair, even for a high school student.

I was excited for a moment but they are not the same without Fish. Good but not the same.

I think they are a better band MUSICALLY without Fish - but they certainly lost that primordial angst thing.

What did you think of Fish's "Credo" album? I always hoped he would tour near me as a solo act, never happened to my knowledge.

Just looked - Philadelphia is the closest tour stop for me - too far to go for a one night show.

Just saw Children of Bodom with Eluveitie for $15, going to see Testament in a couple of weeks for $10, would i spend $204 for the Eagles no, did i spend $200 for a VIP ticket to Nightwish, well that is a different story but the answer is No. I remember seeing Pink Floyd on the "Pulse" Tour the tickets were like $40 for the first 20 rows in Front and $30 for there back, and $25 for the stadium seating and there wasn't a bad seat in the SUn Bowl. So bands are really pricing themselves way out of the ability of the average person to go see them, and it's a shame.

Under $100 for a decent seat I can see, I pay that for a hockey game....otherwise, I do not see much that I would walk away from and say, that was so worth it.
Agree with this. As someone who isn't single with money to burn, I have other responsibilities and it isn't "fair" for me to burn money on myself for a concert .... except for ProgPower.

First, to all the young whippersnappers.... The Eagles are one of the greatest bands of all time. Suck it.

Second, Irving Azoff is Satan. Irving is The Eagles manager AND CEO of Ticketmaster. Barry Fey (his book is an essential read) blames him for the market's current condition/prices across the board as he is one of the greediest fucks he has ever met or worked with in his life (and he has booked everyone from the Stones to Led Zep). He established the upper stratosphere prices with the first Eagles reunion tour. Everyone else just followed suit.

The kicker here is that he has taken it to an entire new level with double the cost of a regular seat by a large percentage compared to the other artists like Van Halen, Buffett, etc with this tour.

Don Henley was quoted in the press about Irving: "He may be Satan, but he is our Satan."

And for the record, Fey ranked both Don Henley & Jimmy Buffett in his Top 10 Assholes of all time.

First, to all the young whippersnappers.... The Eagles are one of the greatest bands of all time. Suck it.

LOL I don't dispute that, and I'd go see them if the price wasn't that high...

Second, Irving Azoff is Satan. Irving is The Eagles manager AND CEO of Ticketmaster. Barry Fey (his book is an essential read) blames him for the market's current condition/prices...

Is "Backstage Past" the one you refer to?

Love The Eagles. Saw them...whenever the last tour was, 8 or 10 years ago. They took the longest intermission I've ever seen for a rock band. Joe Walsh looked to be the only one actually wanting to be there and you could see the love he has for just playing that guitar. Amazing just for him alone. So I could *maybe* justify these prices for my wife and I.....but luckily they aren't coming anywhere near here, so I don't have to think about it. :) The only other classic act I would try to justify that kind of money for would be Fleetwood Mac. But I don't know...$400 bucks for two people....plus all the other expenses....that just doesn't seem right for ANYONE.

I have no desire to go to arena shows. The energy level and vibe of the event just doesn't hold an appeal for me anymore.

Between the expense and the crappy sound quality at my local arena, I have no desire to go to most of these shows.

Hell, going to outdoor arenas gives me pause because of the time I need to get in there, parked, and then into the arena. Last time I went to see Rush at the formally-known-as Nissan Pavilion, I missed like the first 5 songs.

Well Glenn you just sold a book.

I like the Eagles but not a HUGE fan, definitely wouldn't pay $77 to sit on the lawn for them. That's commitment.

Yikes! I would never pay $200.00 for a show!.. If you buy an item at the store and it's defective you can always return it, but you can't return a ticket stub if the band has a totally off night.....
No thanks.....

We had a Bocelli concert in Ft Lauderdale last month and the first section tickets were 400 each.
My GF loves Bocelli. I told her there is no way in hell...I can get a new clutch for that kind of cash.
This is a simple supply and demand issue. They will keep raising prices if they think people will pay.

And if you think I am shitting you about the cost of the tickets:
http://www.excite.com/events/ResultsTicket.php?evtid=1774639