The EDM Thread

I burned out on a lot of stuff and the party scene kind of grosses me out.

I went to my first psytrance festival (Fractal Fest, put on by Fractaltribe out of Worcester/Boston) and it was FUCKING AMAZING. I don't know what rock I've been sleeping under. The whole thing was 100% in the woods, with incredible attention to sound quality and great people.

Somehow they managed to book Krumelur and Kliment, who both did 2 sets. Just awesome.

A lot of localish people! Highlights: Terraphorm, Om Olak/Meszenjah, Radioactive Sandwich, Kloud Nin9, illdub, Erothyme...

Full lineup list here

MOAR MINIMAL. This one is a real banger, part at 3:00 is just killer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude.

Theres a SICK minimal show going on in LA on Halloween. Check it:

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?740544

Im still waiting to see what Eric announces for Halloween. Im seeing him the day before at Escape, so Im hoping he does another spur the moment show in LA like he did last year, if not me and my lady are definitely going to this.

Speaking of Eric, been fapping to this all morning:

Last edited by a moderator:
Been to some pretty epic parties lately...

Lee Burridge...Richie Hawtin...Eric Prydz...John Digweed...

And tonight just bought tickets to see Pan-pot & Luigi Madonna in December but more epicly important just bought Dubfire b2b with Joseph Capriati later this month.

Ending 2015 with some epic fucking techno, jesus christ.

Been getting back into G-House recently. I believe I posted one of these a while ago too. It's basically a blend of dark minimal house with old-school hip hop vocals over it, best of two worlds.

Tomorrow starts the kick off of Eric Prydz' Epic 4.0 starting in NYC...

Can't wait for him to come to LA the week after. Seeing him 5 times in a week...

My body is not ready...

Petition to rename this thread "Techno/Electronic" or some shit. Anything but EDM please.

Went to NYC for the 50Weapons grand finale party a couple weeks ago to see Modeselektor, Benjamin Damage, Shed, Truncate and others. Modeselektor was fucking unreal. Shit was popping off at 3 AM, place was way over capacity, and he dropped a super extended version of Evil Twin right at the peak. Not a huge fan of straight techno (the rest of the lineup) I do listen to it, but it's not my favorite. Benjamin damage was unreal though.

Anyway been digging on a lot of new shit lately. There's so much good electronic music out there you almost can't run out of shit to explore. Been into upbeat/melodic house, techno stuff for the past couple weeks.

Fuck I almost forgot, Four Tet North American tour. Anyone hitting that up? I'm lucky, he's coming straight to Boston in May. Here's a recent clubby mix from him to celebrate.

Yeah yeah yeah. Edm is a horrible term, get over it.

Electronic Dance Music, is it not? Yea, commercial big room bullshit ruined the term, but it suffices.

Anyhow, Four tet played here in Southern California a few months ago. Was legit.