The EDM Thread

^ That he did. Fuck man, whole new appreciation for that fool. He threw down hard. Same with Miss Kittin. Very pleased with that night.

In other news, Eric Prydz released his first of 3 EP's today. Can check out the new songs on his soundcloud.

Man of course I totally missed this ^

Been listening to tons of minimal house to prepare for my annual trip to Switzerland. This tune in particular.

Really love that ping pong noise around 0:15.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its all good, you honestly did not miss much with the first EP. I was expecting much older tracks then what was put on, but I know by the end of all the releases I will be pleased. Its Eric afterall, the man never disappoints...Except for that one time at Space in Miami...

That song was cool man. Had a little harder edge then I was expecting. Especially around 3:15, that change was fucking sick. Post up whos playing at that street parade, I wanna see if I recognize anyone.

I'm actually gonna miss Street Parade :/ they moved the date due to some bridge construction. But I'll still be going to some minimal clubs for dat mindnumbing bass pattern.

Right on. If you remember who you see, post em up. Id like to see whats spinning out there.

Im currently feeling hopeful for the trance scene. Insomniac is hosting a two day trance fest towards the end of the year called Dreamstate. Rank 1, Aly & Fila, Simon Patterson, John O'Callaghan, Will Atkinson and more announced everyday. Being that trance used to be my favorite genre, Ive been feeling a bit down in the current scene so this is like a breath of fresh air.

Speaking of fresh air and trance, Ferry Corsten's new track is fucking sexy as fuck. I might end up seeing him at Exchange next month if finances allow it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been really digging on the folkish/multi-instrumental/electronic stuff lately. Fridge, Sunburned Hand of the Man, Hala Strana, Fursaxa. Not quite the same but also Four Tet. In the past 1-2 years I have made changes in my life which have distanced me from the club/party scene, and consequently away from the house music and techno world, but exploring some of this stuff is great, and most of it is new for me. As far as house music, been digging the germans and their minimal, tech and deep house. they do it right.

I got family and friends there. Used to live in Zurich for a few years before moving to the Land of the Brave. You lived in Geneva right?

09072011153_zpsjn2tucls.jpg

09072011155_zpsdntvngfi.jpg

09072011210_zpsr4xtzuio.jpg

09072011211_zpsybosqpaw.jpg

09072011193_zpsemecvvuh.jpg

09072011233_zpsq3oah8jo.jpg

fuck me i loved zurich i would go there all the time

dude you have to check out this sex club in zurich: club-globe.ch

just take the train from zurich hauptbahnhof to schwerzenbach and it's a short walk to ifangstrasse

it's a fucking buffet of pussy

Insomniac is bringing back Trance with their new festival starting this year called Dreamstate, in Southern California.

Feels for dayssssssss...

The lineup is insane...Paul Oakenfold, Orjan Nilsen, Rank 1, Paul Van Dyk, Jordan Suckley, Guiseppe Ottaviani, Indescent Noise, Sunny Lax, John O Callaghan, Astrix, and others im forgetting.

To say Im thrilled about this would be an understatement. This is HUGE for Trance heads. Stoked for what the future will bring too, this lineup is STACKED!

i do love vocal trance with angelic female vocals, ethereal heavenly sounds that build up into sick body pumping bass drops so i might consider attending that

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=NCz8UCJG8EA[/ame]

Yeah man, shit sold out i think the day tickets went on sale...Might be able to catch someone selling one though, keep your eye out.

So last night Jeremy proved to me that hes my favorite DJ at the moment, and has surpassed Prydz. His debut show in January was MASSIVE and last night he did the unthinkable and topped it. 90% new/unreleased material, 5% classics and 5% rare tracks. His set was absolutely beastly.

Insomniac's Escape already took my money after annoucing their initial lineup.

Bought a single day ticket for Friday.

John Digweed, Richie Hawtin and Eric Prydz in one night is enough for me to jump on tickets immediately.

Fuck!