The EDM Thread

Noisia is playing at Exchange on Feb 26. Thinking of going. I saw them 2-3 years ago and they fucking killed it. Those fuckers go hard in the paint.

They make fast-paced, in-your-face Drum N' Bass with a futuristic spin.

Are you fan of The Prodigy? They get remixed by new artists all the time, but I think Noisia did the best Prodigy remix in the business. It maintains the spirit while just making it 10x heavier. NOTE: NEEDS LOUD VOLUME

As for their original material:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude. You were spot on with that description of the Prodigy remix. Immediately I thought...Not another fucking Smack My Bitch Up remix...But that was SOLID.

Dubsteppy, but not like a Skrillex overload. Just at the right moments and right amounts, blending other styles with it. Really good.

The others were too DnB for me. Not really my style, but they remind me of Knife Party but more DnB, less dubstep.

If you go let me know how it is. Im curious to see what they do in a live setting, cause that type of music is just too much for me in large quantities. Just pure face melting the entire time. Which is cool when the moment calls, but not the entire time for me.

EDIT:
BTW, Madeon is playing at the El Rey 04/15.

Not sure if you dig him or not but thatll be cool.

Oh man, I had totally forgotten. Shit lemme go look.

EDIT: Cheapest tickets $98...well fuck me in the bunghole.

B-jwiM4CUAA0cXq-545x545.jpg

.....aaaaaaaaaand thats why I want to goto Ultra next year.

But seriously, Armin after Prydz? And thats not even mentioning the SLEW of SOLID talent before each of them, and PVD to end it.

Most epic lineup Ive ever seen for one stage.

Yo skip Ultra and just do the WMC. Get a hotel room with some friends and just hang out on Miami Beach for a few days. It's the fucking best. All the Ultra artists play shows at night at clubs anyway during that week so you can see them then.

Anyway got my ticket for Noisia tomorrow night. Finally convinced some buddies to join me. Its only 20 bucks if you change your mind, it's gonna be intense!

Yeah man, no way I can make it tomorrow. :(

Im gonna be there Friday for Orjan Nilsen and MaRLo. Take some video though or atleast tell me how it goes man.

Yeah thats true too, about WMC. Jeremy Olander is playing with Prydz at some club for WMC. Im calling it now, theyre gonna go b2b to make up for Eric's drunken shitfest last year.

EDIT:

OR That will be the official new album release party. Its gonna be something epic, I know that much...

It was fucking crazy. I'm still hurting from that night lol, got a bit too drunk and rowdy, but hey it's dnb right? Dieselboy stole the show though. That fucker's mixes are ALWAYS on point, and I didn't even know he was playing until the day of. Pleasant little surprise.

Damn that's so tempting, but if I'm gonna go I'd want to bring my lady. If you have two tickets then SIGN MEH UHP!

Yeah I don't doubt that haha. Man, that Noisia show got my blood pumping again though. I gotta find another show ASAP. What the fuck is this "Rave of Thrones" thing going on at Exchange btw? I might just have to check it out.

The DJ is apparently in Game of Thrones.

I dont watch the TV show but thats what Ive been told. One of the bartenders talks him up every time he comes. I dont know if its cause hes actually good, or if shes just building it up because shes a GoT fan...But yeah, I hear ya.

Orjan, Marlo and Photographer killed the night after. Proabably the hardest trance show Ive ever seen. Definitely did not disappoint.

Maya Jane Coles is gonna be a sick one coming up in April and I would be going this Saturday to see Maceo Plex but Im currently fucked on rides.

Still havent announced who is the day after Prydz. Strange cause its 10 days away. Probably going to be someone solid, the talent they have been bringing this year is ridiculous.