The EDM Thread

I'm actually pretty damn down. I'm relistening to his Ultra set atm, and I'm getting pumped.

Id jump on getting a ticket ASAP if youre serious.

And that Ultra set from 2014? Fuckkkkkk. One of my favs. The second half is just...Fuck. Incredible.

Epic 3.0 is where its at though. He threw a lot of Cirez D shit in there and Im a sucker for that stripped down, dark shit he throws down.

God damn...Shit keeps getting better and better. I have an insane next few months for EDM...

Prydz's apprentice, Jeremy Olander just got announced at Exchange for a 4 hour extended set on 01/17/15. Only $20 (which includes fees). Bought my ticket.

That means in the next two months, I will have seen Olander, Prydz, Above & Beyond album release and tour kick off show, and that god damn Anjunadeep tour.

Jesus fucking Christ I love living in LA...

Yeah......DF seems like a terrible person on top of producing cheesy repetitive music, too!

I don't know if I'll make the trek but I'll certainly consider it. That Ultra set is mega mind blowing, was listening to it in the car the other day getting all amped up.

Its ok, not sure if gets more douchey than Deadmau5, but I love that fucking prick. Skrillex might be up there, but I dont know anything about his personal life. His music is just...Well, we all know.

In other news, Orjan Nilsen is gonna be at Exchange LA on 02/27. I have a friend coming into town that night so Im going to need to give him a ride from the airport to my house so I doubt its gonna work...

Im gonna see what I can work out because that goofy fuck absolutely KILLS it live. He did not disappoint in the least when he made his Exchange debut last year and I am expecting nothing but great things again.

Above & Beyond announced their support for their upcoming tour. Lane 8 and 16 bit Lolitas.

I commented on their Facebook saying how that was weak because Im seeing both of them a week prior in LA on the Anjunadeep tour, and they responded that there will be additional support announced later.

My fingers are crossed for Ilan Bluestone. Fool had a spectacular year last year, killed ABGT 100, and has been on a sick one lately.

I know he gets a lot of flack, and rightfully so, especially currently than in the past, but this mix is solid.

Not trance, not big room house bangers, not mainstream bullshit, but a melodic deep house mix done right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dope mix. Tiesto is great as long as he isn't playing his own music. His ISOS series were fantastic. ISOS 6 is probably my all-time favorite mix of any electronic music.

^ I'll give that a listen. Ive heard good things about his ISOS mixes just never listened to em.

I think Im the only one that is excited but, Above & Beyond's new artist album is finally now available to stream on Spotify. <3

^ That was such a disappointment. The real test is to see what they do with those songs live, but the majority of it is crap. Especially with their use of their old Oceanlab vocalist Justine Suissa. Little Something was so fucking weak and huge let down cause that chick used to belt on some of my favorite songs; Satellite, Miracle, On A Good Day, Breaking Ties...Ugh.

Out of the 16 songs, I liked maybe 3 or 4. The only saving grace in my mind is I know the way they use these songs live will be completely different.

I wish there was a better quality audio link, but this was fucking incredible. One of my fav Mau5 songs, Strobe, and a 20 minute live edit for that ridiculously expensive last show at the Guvernment.

He gets a lot of hate, but the fool definitely knows what hes doing.

Also, this is worth listening to just to hear this dumb bitch in the background bitch about shit. And then she finally sits in gum. Fucking priceless. :lol:

10501938_10153073798789711_8368631101120255249_n.jpg

Ohhhh yesssssss....

Just when I thought I wouldnt see Beckwith, they go and do something like this....

AND TOTALLY REDEEM THEMSELVES!!!!!

Fucking hell....I'm so down. I'm gonna be working that day. Hopefully it'll be a morning shoot.

EDIT: And fucking Com Truise is playing a free show that same night at the Echoplex..

This has been my jam lately. Some kind of Drum N Bass, can't put my finger on the genre exactly.

Movement 2015 lineup Phase 1 is out. LOL DJ SNOOPADELIC.

Movement2015_Phase1_Lineup_Graphic_Artists.jpg

I am the crazy guy at 4:00

Ive never seen so many black people at once. Especially at a EDM event. But its in Detroit, so that makes sense.

Theres a slewwwww of talent at Movement. Fucking Richie Hawtin. Do I need to say more? And this is the inital lineup or full lineup? Either way, Disclosure, Dubfire b2b w/ Hot Since 82, Joseph Capriati, and Maya Janes Coles are gonna be sick too.

But Dog Blood?...Really?...:erk:

Next year Im planning on not going to MDF and going to Ultra. That festival NEEDS to be crossed of my list.