The EDM Thread

Just bought 11 tickets for me and 10 of my friends to go see Above & Beyond on their new tour next year. I tried all 3 presales, and regular sale to get floor but am stuck with getting seats. Guess thats what happens when youre ordering for 11 people...But theres no way I am missing this show.

ABGT100 was one of my favorite sets this year, and quite possibly ever. They spun a few songs off their new album throughout, and had a solid song selection and for their standards killed it. Normally their sets are kind of mild and emotional, but they perfected the ratio of emotion and high energy dance perfectly on that show. Absolutely beautiful vocal trance at its finest. Without a doubt it was the best set Ive heard them do and I have no doubt they will deliver the goods.

So back to this tour, first stop is in LA and since this tour is supporting their new album, that first show is pretty much their album release party.

I am going to loose my god damn mind.

Been bumping Armin's ASOT year mixes the past week. 2005 to 2010 specifically.

So good! Armin always kills it, but he captured something really magical during that time frame. Also helps when the scene is thriving with many other artists keeping to their trance roots and brought nothing but unaltered beautiful trance to the scene.

Too bad trance has been on such a decline within recent years cause these jams are so solid. Too many artists just chasing the paychecks regardless of how shitty their music is now.

I'll have to explore more of the stuff in this thread. I wasn't a huge fan of Pretty Lights or the others... not sure what it is, but they didn't quite match the vibe of The Glitch Mob.

Honestly, GM has great beats, but what I really dig are their melodies. A track like "Drive it Like You Stole it" only works (for me, anyway) because of the melody, which is so catchy but also complements the rhythm really well. So anyway, I'm still exploring the whole EDM world, but nothing else has caught my hear like GM. They really seem to be one of a kind.

If I'm being dreadfully honest, I have a guilty pleasure in Mitis. I realize the guy is pretty much pop on EDM wheels, but I can't help but bob my head to his stuff.

I like Glitch Mob's contribution to the Tron: Legacy Reconfigured album (which was surprisingly awesome). It's an album where various EDM artists remix the music that Daft Punk made for the newest Tron film.

That entire album has similar stuff to this, you might find some artists you may like if you browse through it. After all, this is the album where I discovered the one and only Com Truise.

EDIT: I should probably post that Com Truise song because it's so fucking awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never checked out the movie, the soundtrack or the remix album. I knew a lot of big names did songs for it, just didnt seem to interest me...Still doesnt really. But ill give those tracks a listen.

Also, few decent shows coming up this month in LA.

12/06/2014 - Sasha @ ExchangeLA
12/27/2014 - Claude Vonstroke b2b w/ Green Velvet @ Exchange LA

Gonna try and hit both. Since both events are on Saturdays that means 21+ and goes til 6am. :hotjump:

Yeah, you should check out the remix album. Don't bother with the OST. I recommend the remixes by Crystal Method, Teddybears, M83, and Com Truise.

Also, few decent shows coming up this month in LA.

12/06/2014 - Sasha @ ExchangeLA
12/27/2014 - Claude Vonstroke b2b w/ Green Velvet @ Exchange LA

Gonna try and hit both. Since both events are on Saturdays that means 21+ and goes til 6am. :hotjump:

I hope you get nice and drugged up.

I'll have to explore more of the stuff in this thread. I wasn't a huge fan of Pretty Lights or the others... not sure what it is, but they didn't quite match the vibe of The Glitch Mob.

Honestly, GM has great beats, but what I really dig are their melodies. A track like "Drive it Like You Stole it" only works (for me, anyway) because of the melody, which is so catchy but also complements the rhythm really well. So anyway, I'm still exploring the whole EDM world, but nothing else has caught my hear like GM. They really seem to be one of a kind.

If I'm being dreadfully honest, I have a guilty pleasure in Mitis. I realize the guy is pretty much pop on EDM wheels, but I can't help but bob my head to his stuff.

Just saw this.

I wouldve bet money on that one. Similar styles, hip Hop beats, swells, melody, jazz etc. Just a diff delivery I guess.

In anywho, this is real reason I came to post here:

One of my favorite labels, Anjunadeep, is touring North America in 2015. You can sign up for pre-sale info at the link below:
Anjunadeep North America Tour 2015

I cant wait to see the lineup, thats gonna be a beautiful tour.

THAT ANJUNADEEP TOUR THO. Damn the NY line-up is so massive. LA one isn't shabby, but I kind of wish I didn't know about the other ones lol.

And yes, Essential Mixes are probably the best mixes out there IMO. Can't get enough of those.

I know bro.

NYC has all the talent. Especially this year. ABGT 100 and Prydz practically back to back shows. FML.

But theres no doubt theyll bring in someone special for LA. NYC has Beckwith though and thats pretty sick, but we got Lane 8, which Im stoked on. Same with Jody. Its LA and the talent always shows up in LA. Im hoping for Andrew Bayer to do a Anjunadeep set. That would be perfect.

I only like trap at strip clubs, tbh.

Cyanide, strap on a diaper before reading this:

ERIC PRYDZ @ EXCHANGE 3/13/15.

HOLY FUCK.

EDIT:
Tix already on sale through Flavorus. Already bought mine for LA <3

Might as well post the details for anyone else thats interested...

unnamed-1.jpg

Seriously think Im going to have a heart attack right now.