The EDM Thread

Bumpin UGLIES. teehee.

Hm well I've been gorging my ears on basically psytrance/Twisted Records type stuff x 10000000000.

I'm also completely obsessed with this Moullinex and Xinobi Boiler Room mix, 5:25 and 21:08 are magical moments. It's very nu-disco but so tropical and fun. I love seeing people in the Boiler Room enjoying themselves instead of standing around swaying trying to conceal their cocaine use.

I'm with you on the space thing!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this feel good stuff. I need to get into this when I'm in a bad mood.

This doesn't work for me if I'm in a bad mood but if I'm in a good mood it turns it into a GREAT mood...as long as I don't think about how I have to travel far to go to an event like this and once I get there people are unlikely to be having as much fun as those people

Fucking yes! His tracks in the anjunadeep mixes are always the best. I'm gonna have to go that too! And dude what's the deal? You going to Com Truise or schwat?

Dude Ive been enjoying the fuck out of the Anjunadeep podcasts lately. Recently just found out about em. I knew Anjunabeats had one, but not deep. Badass.

I havnt bought my ticket for Com Truise yet, but im planning on going. Next paycheck ill get my ticket for sure.

EDIT: And fuck yeah you should goto Andrew Bayer! Have you been to ExchangeLA yet? Hands down the best EDM club in LA. The sound and visuals are fucking outstanding. Staff is friendly as well.

Im glad I didnt buy tickets for Com Truise yet, because I just saw on his website, hes touring with Tycho at the End of October with a few So Cal dates.

Pioneertown (fucking badass might go to this one), Pomona, Ventura.

Cyanide, I thought his show you were talking about was in December, no?

Oh nice. Well I just had to cancel the show on Saturday :( but if he's coming within the month again it doesn't seem too bad.

Eric Prydz out did himself, once again. This time with his 1 show only in NY for Epic 3.0. (My cousin went to this show, that lucky fuck...) This guy seriously better move the fuck up on the DJ 100 poll next year. Being #54 is a fucking outrage, but then again, we all know the poll is strictly a popularity contest. He has had a fucking incredible year so far, and Im excited to see what he and Deadmau5 come up with at Hard in a month in LA.

Awesome article about Epic 3.0.
http://thump.vice.com/words/why-eric-prydzs-epic-30-at-madison-square-garden-was-a-middle-finger-aimed-at-lazy-edm

Listen to the fucking amazing set here:
http://www.youredm.com/2014/09/30/listen-eric-prydzs-outstanding-epic-3-0-performance/

Another article with some photos:
http://www.dancingastronaut.com/2014/10/eric-prydzs-epic-3-0-set-new-standard-visuals-live-performance/

Found a good quality video of Epic 3.0

Its not the whole set, but a good amount. Those fucking lasers. Holy. Fucking. Shit. Top notch production.

Eric Prydz is the tits when he plays the ravier stuff which he had plenty of in that mix. I can imagine going crazy at that set. I just wish he'd stay away from that Swedish House Mafia style of bombastic gloss that sometimes pops up, not a fan.

And btw I might see Com Truise after all! Looks like the other event got postponed. Win-win.

Swedish House Mafia? Really? I know he collabs sometimes with Steve Angello, but Im not sure what you mean because Eric has always been pretty pure in his delivery.

I'm mostly talking about Pjanoo tbh. Also, the name Eric Prydz has forever been tainted by darkness since he came on the scene with Call on Me, I remember that song was EVERYWHERE for 2 years straight. He has definitely shaped up since then though.

Call on Me was a tricky situation. It was a side project he did with a few other people got signed to a label and then it all went South, even in a direction Eric did not want or anticpate.

These are his exact words in an interview:

I heard you weren’t a big fan of the video for [2004 hit] 'Call On Me' when it first came out.

No, I didn’t approve it. The track was originally a side project between me and a couple of guys called Retarded Funk. It got signed to Ministry of Sound, and they made this radio edit and a video, and they made it totally different. It just exploded. It was like, pop music.

Which is not where I came from. I had no idea what was happening, but I saw the video and they were like, 'this is the video, and we’re going to run with it, because MTV and everyone says they’re going to play it.'

So that should be thrown out, imo.

Now Pjanoo? Really? Dude that is one of my favorite songs of his. So fucking beautiful, and just like with a good majority of his material it progresses seamlessly, the melody is top notch, etc.

You cant tell me this:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-Nd5aWM2Ks"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-Nd5aWM2Ks[/ame]

Sounds like this:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y6smkh6c-0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y6smkh6c-0[/ame]

Come on now.

Yeah it sounds pretty damn similar haha. Remove the vocals and you got similar songs. I'll admit the SHM song is 10x more bombastic, but you got that simple catchy piano hook that gets emphasized with some bright strings by the time the second chorus hits in Pjanoo.

Mind you, I'm a bitter cunt when it comes to EDM, especially when it comes to Swedish DJ's. Sweden has really fucked the majority of the electronic music scene for as long as I can remember. I mean, when you got a country worshiping a dude like E-type you know you're in trouble:

When Basshunter came on the scene, the shit went from bad to worse. The only guy I can recall at the moment that was any good was John Dahlbäck with "Blink", that song was the tits back when Electro House was in its heyday, but even he got corrupted and now he's making garbage.

/rant

OK, I take it back, we actually got some great trance DJ's. Let's not forget Carl B's "Just a Thought", one of the greatest trance songs ever IMO (That part at 3:00 gets me everytime).

Where was I going with this?

Oh yeah, I didn't end up going to Com Truise after all, so I guess it's set for late Oct then! Too bad it's far away. The Pomona one looks like the best bet.

You be sschmokinnn, dude. Agree to disagree ;)

So Com Truise, as much as id love to run out to J tree to them play with Tycho, its a bit of a haul. Ill probably trek it to Pomona as well if the funds allow me to. Seeing them share a stage with Tycho is gonna be sick as fuck.

Also, bought my ticket for Andrew Bayer. Got a nice little group of people going and we are gonna try and get a table because that night will be sold out and PACKED. That way we can get a good view and have some fucking room. That is gonna be a fucking incredible show, you should try and go, dude. Guaranteed you wont regret it.

EDIT: If you are thinking of going id buy your ticket ASAP because the closer it gets to the date, the prices go up. Right now its the cheapest it will be, which is 25 including service fee bullshit.

My homies are being cunts and can't make it. Looks like it's gonna be a bust...