The ending of Damnation

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
I really think the album should have ended with Ending Credits.. that would have just totally done it for me... like greatest outro ever (next to Epilogue :D).

But yeah Weakness is more of a 'By The Pain I See In Others' spooky kind of thing whereas Ending Credits is so reminescent of Epilogue to me... if that ended the album that would really be a winner next to MAYH.

Thoughts?

Yeah definately! I never thought of it that way, but it's true... I guess Ending Credits would kind of close the album off so you wouldn't feel the need to listen over and over... but I mean, it would still be much more orgasmic :).

First time I heard Weakness I thought, "What the hell were they thinking?". But, in the context of the whole album, it kind of rounds out the whole evil/dark element of the album, and Ending Credits is a bit of just a momentary reprieve from that after Closure/Hope Leaves/To Rid The Disease, which are significantly darker/sombre than Windowpane and In My Time of Need in my opinion. I do feel the resemblence to MAYH's Epilogue though with Ending Credits, and maybe the band were conscious of that and didn't want to end the album with it?

I don't like how songs fade out. Epilogue and Ending Credits would've been much better with an actual beginning and end, as well as the Funeral Portrait. All three songs phase in and out of existence; they aren't there until you listen to them, and when they're over, they go away - at least, that's how it is for me.

Genocidal said:
I don't like how songs fade out. Epilogue and Ending Credits would've been much better with an actual beginning and end, as well as the Funeral Portrait. All three songs phase in and out of existence; they aren't there until you listen to them, and when they're over, they go away - at least, that's how it is for me.

Riiiight :err:

You. Are. GAY.

:D

\m/

well, Ending credits woooooowww what a songy to end a album that only wants to be heard again and again and again... then Weakness =D yep just like a spoky song... makes the return to the first song =D
It's magikkk

when i hear weakness i think of a perfect circle's "over." if anyone knows the song, they know what i'm talking about.

Wonderful way to express a difference in opinion. Do you want a cookie?

In a completely unrelated note, the lack of a large amount of silence at the beginning of Windowpane and end of Weakness (most tracks usually have 300-900 milliseconds of silence at beginning or end) makes the album cyclilical - as soon as Weakness ends, Windowpane can begin faultlessly. omg teh pwnz

When songs fade out, yeah I do feel that they have no end in a way... they kind of stick with their theme and go on and on and you feel that if it didn't fade out, it could go on forever... I mean that 2 guitar lead at the end of Ending Credits HAS to fade out... nothing else would be as orgasmic, and I think the fade-in to that song is the most fitting I've ever heard, it kind of adds more replay value to that first part and just fades in perfectly.

I love Weakness' ending because if you put your CD Player on repeat forever the ending blends perfectly into Windowpane, thereby making you listen to the album eternally.

ps. can someone please disconnect the power to my house????? *cries*