The Entire Lord Of Rings Trilogy in theaters this December!!!

Mr Toast

Threadslayer
Aug 1, 2002
www.mrtoast.com
Yes, you read it right!!!

New Line Cinema will be releasing an extended version of The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring in Theatres on December 5th 2003. It will be shown in around 100-150 theatres nationwide, and will clock in at 208 minutes: 30 minutes longer than the original release time of 178 minutes.

The Two Towers will hit theaters again on December 12th, and will be getting the same treatment.

AND, on December 17th, you will be able to see all three movies back to back - i.e. The Fellowship Of The Ring at 3 PM, The Two Towers at 7 PM, and The Return Of The King at 11 PM. That's over 10 hours of Tolkien goodness (with intermissions between each thank goodness), for those with the time and stamina for such things...

Like I'd ever get time to spend all damn day in a movie theater... the idea's awesome, and I can't wait for ROTK, but I can't help but feel that big-screen TV + Dolby 5.1 + extended edition DVDs + pizza + beer + pause button (for those 'unforeseen emergencies') + those same buddies you'd go to the movie theater with anyway has a certain charm to it...

I wonder if it'll be the same extended version as on the DVDs, though? I'd assume so...