The EsseenEss Project finally in mix mode!!!

Steve Smyth

Lead Axe
Feb 27, 2002
Earth
www.stevesmyth.com
We are offically in the mixing stage of the album at this point.

Handling mixing duties is our good friend, and also the guy who did all the editing for the album, Kent Matcke! We're really proud to have Kent doing the mix for us. Steve and I have known Kent for years now, and having worked together on a few albums before, as well as a few sessions between Steve and I, Kent is who we felt would be able to deliver the best mix to us, especially as he's been involved with the project for some time now, and knows the songs as well.
Kent is mixing at his home studio currently. Steve and I have tracked this record in our home studios(with exception to the drums, recorded in Atma's rehearsal studio by Favored Nations Recording Artist, Doug Doppler).

As I mentioned before, Kent's roster is pretty deep: if you check this out, it should give you a pretty clear picture of his diversity, and experience, as an engineer, and mixer as well. Here's a link:http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&searchlink=KENT|MATCKE&sql=11:hbfuxq8gld6e~T4
There's more than just this in his resume, as he worked on the 1st Dragonlord record with us(Rapture), and if memory serves, he also worked a bit on my 1st Vicious Rumors record with the band, Something Burning.

We expect to have the mix stage of the record wrapped by mid May, after which the album will go in for mastering. Another update provided soon as to who be performing mastering duties. I'm pretty excited about this one!

Stay tuned for more updates coming here soon, in particular regarding the album artwork, and who is currently working that, as well as a projected release date, and other news to follow!

It's all coming together, FINALLY everybody!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

And that list is only a partial of the work Kent has done before.

I am receiving reference mixes every day or so here, so who knows, we might stream one off The EssenEss Project site here very soon, premastering version.

I'll be back soon enough to update!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: