We're in the edit phase!!!

Steve Smyth

Lead Axe
Feb 27, 2002
Earth
www.stevesmyth.com
Hello Everybody,

Loooooooong time without an update!

Largely for reasons of my health, The EssenEss Project had to be put on hold for a bit, until I got through my kidney transplant surgery, and a few months of recovery behind me as well.Everything is going very well with my health right now, and I expect to be released from "quarantine"(meaning I am house-bound, and going stir crazy) that the docs have me under right now, in the early phases of recovery, by next month! I feel better than I have in years:danceboy::hotjump::danceboy:, and am very glad and grateful to be off of dialysis!:yuk:

I'll tell you, 6 months of watching your blood filter in and out of your body,through a machine, actually gives perspective on a lot of things!

And, it's also given me inspiration for some new music as well, but not EssenEss related. More on that down the road..... back to what we're talking about here!!!:lol:

So we're getting back to the final phases of this album,over March and April, and I thought I would share everything I can for now with everyone!

Over the months of November-December, I worked with Kent Matcke, Bay Area engineer exraordinnare, on edits for the album. Bascially, what this breaks down to, is making sure everything is in it's right place, and the volumes are set and prepared for mix, amongst other things. A laborious process,to say the least, and Steve H and I felt better about having Kent come in and do this, as opposed to ourselves.

Kent's resume and experience is plenty deep. He has worked in many top Bay Area studios, including The Plant Studios (the old Record Plant) in Sausalito, where we first met on a session.

Some of the people Kent has worked with and for: Joe Satriani,Metallica,and Sammy Hagar, off the top of my head,and that's just the Bay Area. We'll have further bio material about Kent in the future.

Steve H and I have known Kent for years, and both of have done session work in the past with him at the board, so it feels very comfortable and natural to have him come in and work with us.

The next phase after edits are done, will be the mix.We'll have an update about this in the near future, as right now we're looking around at studios and making a decision about who will mix this monster!

There's over an hour's worth of music on this album,and Steve H and I are very much looking forward to the coming few months, as we wrap this baby up, and get it out FINALLY!!! for you all to hear! Most importantly, we want the album to sound the best it possibly can, and exactly as we intended.

Special thanks to Shawn M for reconnecting Kent with us after all these years! Right on brother! We owe you one! And Kent, it's been great having you on board with us for this phase of production for the album! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Stay tuned for another update coming soon!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Glad to hear your health is better. I hate hospitals myself so I don't know how you could stand being there so long. But congrats on being better. Anyways, I can't wait to get this stuff. I was just wondering if there was anywhere I could hear like a sample of it or something? Very anxious to hear it.

Cheers.

Glad to hear your health is better. I hate hospitals myself so I don't know how you could stand being there so long. But congrats on being better. Anyways, I can't wait to get this stuff. I was just wondering if there was anywhere I could hear like a sample of it or something? Very anxious to hear it.

Cheers.

Hey Netherworld,
Thanks man! Yeah, it's been a long road, and still not over, but we're recovering every day, so that's the best part of it all.

About hearing samples, you have two places you can do that; there's a thread on here that has the demo samples, and our website: www.theessenessproject.com
Enjoy!:headbang:

Hey Netherworld,
Thanks man! Yeah, it's been a long road, and still not over, but we're recovering every day, so that's the best part of it all.

About hearing samples, you have two places you can do that; there's a thread on here that has the demo samples, and our website: www.theessenessproject.com
Enjoy!:headbang:

Awesome, thanks man. This stuff is great, can't wait for a full length. :kickass:

Take care
-Ben