the festival thread

toolsofthetrade said:
ah cheers, its' mostly round the last weekend of August, dunno the dates for this year's edition tho.
with travelling time from the Isles it should be round 5 days for you to be aways from home. the festival costs round € 100, which should be round 70 quid. and its in central holland - mostly theyve got special buses travelling from Amsterdam central to the festival.

hehe, and check out the link: www.lowlands.nl >> english (right bottom button)
wo excellent, cos glastonbury is in june every year, so there's that one sorted , cheers mate :headbang:

Wacken open air - 05/06/07-08-2004 in Wacken, Germany:

Amon amarth
Anthrax
Bal sagoth
Brainstorm
Bohse Onkelz
Cannibal corpse
Cathedral
Children of bodom
Destruction
Dio
Ektomorf
Grave digger
Hypocrisy
Mayhem
Nevermore
Saxon
Schandmaul
Zodiac mindwarp

Summer breeze - 19/20/21-08-2004 / Absgmundt, Germany

Fleshcrawl
Tankard
Lake of tears
Vomitory
Criminal
Mnemic
Goddess of desire
Sodom
Scandmaul
Psychopunch
Gorerotted

its going faster then ever, the namedropping...

gorik, ac/dc? i dont think that was a serious source...

eh? on graspop? i think there is more chance that theyll do werchter cause ac/dc is too big for graspop. dont you think? would be cool tho o_O

we'll have a big one here if anyone's interested. 26/27/28 june i think. all sorts of stuff, metal, pop, rock and some famous dj's doing techno stuff i think.

and priest will play athens on june 20th but i don't think i'll go.

Thortyir said:
Wacken open air - 05/06/07-08-2004 in Wacken, Germany:

Amon amarth
Anthrax
Bal sagoth
Brainstorm
Bohse Onkelz
Cannibal corpse
Cathedral
Children of bodom
Destruction
Dio
Ektomorf
Grave digger
Hypocrisy
Mayhem
Nevermore
Saxon
Schandmaul
Zodiac mindwarp

Summer breeze - 19/20/21-08-2004 / Absgmundt, Germany

Fleshcrawl
Tankard
Lake of tears
Vomitory
Criminal
Mnemic
Goddess of desire
Sodom
Scandmaul
Psychopunch
Gorerotted

hm, a part from Lake of Tears its not interesting for me or I've already seen these bands so many times this year (COB, Amon Amarth, Hypocrisy...) :(

but thanx for posting it :) lets wait what will follow, maybe I'll go to the Summer Breeze but I wait till the line up for the Summercamp in Slowenia is announced (its at the same weekend)

hm, what about Graspop, are there any bands confirmed yet?

HYYYYPOOOOOOCRIIIIISYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :D
I will surely go to the Summer Breeze for I suppose they'll also get Hypocrisy again. I'm also hoping for Entwine, Finntroll, Malevolent Creation, Occult, Before The Dawn, Charon... :D :D
Wacken would be nice but it depends of the bands (tho Hypocrisy actually almost did it allready, hehe). It's still quite far away.. Same with Graspop.
Tuska would be a dream :)

Susie said:
wo excellent, cos glastonbury is in june every year, so there's that one sorted , cheers mate :headbang:
:headbang: lets do this, how much would the G'bury ticket be?

btw, do we have some Danes here? i'd be up for a Roskilde one :)
when is it due anyway?
i wanto have been on every single intl. festival..
Anyone has got news on the next Dynamo?

i might go to tuska as well, since dark tranquillity have been announced and some sort of borad meeting will take place there. might be fun.

well if they want to get ac/dc then they deffo need a bigger festival field.

btw the heideroosjes will play at some big fests too. it still needs to be a secret which ones. HR!

wwwlogo.gif

toolsofthetrade said:
:headbang: lets do this, how much would the G'bury ticket be?

btw, do we have some Danes here? i'd be up for a Roskilde one :)
when is it due anyway?
i wanto have been on every single intl. festival..
Anyone has got news on the next Dynamo?
mmm there a bit expensive mate, but worth it, there around £90-£100 but thats for thursday to sunday, and its the best :hotjump: you can stay longer if you want or go earlier, but thur to sunday is pure music, all different stages, one of my faves is the accoustic tent :cool:

toolsofthetrade said:
whats yer thing with Finland anyway?
It started with the music.. then the people came, then I heard the language, then I saw the nature and then I definitelly fell in love with it :D The only thing I didn't see yet is an elk
sad0078.gif
. Well I saw some in the animal park in Bern last week (they're even a "present from Finland", haha ) but I was hoping for one in the finnish woods :D hehe