The First Metal Band?

my first band i liked on my own was Guns n Roses in 91... before that i was `forced` to listen metal by my older brother, so i grew up on Kiss, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. Now he listens to stuffs like LL Cool J... but fortunately still like my Iced Earth cd :lol:

Iron Maiden!
headbang2.gif

I wish I could say something unique like Megadeth, Cacophany, Nevermore, Testament, Opeth or Maiden, but I'm afraid that the honest truth is that Metallica was the first metal band...hell...first band I listened to. But unlike the other contributors here, I continue to like them ;)

The first song that really hit me at age of 7-8 was from Kiss Creatures of the Night -album. It was Low it Loud. The next step was Helloween, Judas Priest, Metallica, Megadeth. Then came trash and speed metal groups like Sepultura and Swedish death metal.

I had listened to metal on and off in the late 90's (I was about 12. . .) then I heard Kalmah's "Dance of the Water" on the metal channel on New Year's Eve (1999, i believe, age 12), and ever since then I've been hooked on the Scandinavian metal. I used to listen to bands like Tool and think they were metal, and then Kalmah opened my eyes to this whole world I never knew existed.
Thanks.

-Greg

It all started when I heard Iron Maiden's fantastic song-The Trooper, I was hooked and I havent listened to anything other than Metal after that.

Metallica then older stuff like Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, then finally discovered all this good stuff over in Europe. :D