Who was the first .... ?

Wyvern said:
As for Exodus, Metallica had two albums before Exodus debut which also coincides with Overkill debut. Anthrax released their debut before Exodus too.

I'll quote BNR on this one

demo time !!!!
I compared 1982 demo's from Exodus and Anthrax...While I like Exodus more (pure early US metal, with Kirk Hammet btw) Anthrax is leaning alot closer to Thrash, much faster...unfortunatly I don't have Metallica demo's to compare ... anyone ??

carnut said:
demo time !!!!
I compared 1982 demo's from Exodus and Anthrax...While I like Exodus more (pure early US metal, with Kirk Hammet btw) Anthrax is leaning alot closer to Thrash, much faster...unfortunatly I don't have Metallica demo's to compare ... anyone ??

/me wakes up...

What? Someone called me? :)

Hawk came to the rescue.... Metallica demo from 1982 is more thrash than Anthrax...so for now we'll stick to Metallica !!! Any '81 thrash demo's :loco:

Just have been listening to the new Exodus... haha, forget about Metallica, the new Exodus KILLS (at first listen) !!!!

1) The first Hardrock band Cream or the Who
2) The first Heavy Metal band Black Sabbath/Deep Purple, though Judas Priest took the best elements of both bands, kicked them up a notch or two and added their own flair and REALLY made what we knowbest as "traditional metal"
3) The first NWOBHM band Iron Maiden
3) The first Speed/Thrash metal band Overkill
4) The first Black Metal band Venom
5) The first Prog Metal band oh, hell if i know!

I d/l for checking yesterday. I have to review it later, I just got a haul and that takes precedence :D