Your first hit of metal?

Turks said:
when i was 9 my dad said "Boy, you need to get into music. a kid your age is going to start liking music and i'll be damned if i raised a sissy who likes all that pop crap. here's a good album; it was my favorite when i was in high school, now go in your room and dont come out untill you like the damn thing."

he gave me Black Sabbath's Paranoid album. my first ever taste of metal was the song War Pigs. Fairies Wear Boots blew me away and the first time i ever banged my head to metal was to the song Paranoid. Planet Caravan still gives me chills when i hear it.

stangly enough, Black Sabbath's Paranoid is still my all time favorite album... even though i like Dio area Black Sabbath more, Paranoid just struck me so greatly it still is the best.

i cant beleive i'm the first one here to say Black Sabbath. i'm positive that Sabbath got people into metal, couldnt have just been me.
Sabbath weren't my first metal, but the first vinyl I bought was their "Greatest Hits" LP, which I still have, even though it's completely unplayable - unfortunately, it took me a few years to realize that you have to put records back into their sleeves every now and then! :erk:

I think my brother introduced me to metal, the first album I heard was probably Lard - Last Temptation of Reid. Does anyone remember Wehnmacht - Shark Attack album?

Ahh the classic jaws theme played on guitar & the vomit bit. They don't make them like that anymore. They were also members of Spazztic Blurr, never heard their album, wanted to though.

I can't remember my first hit, as one of my best friends made me listen to various bands in the beginning, and I can't remember who they were.

Anyway, I had been told about a Metal program on a local radio, so I tried to catch it and the first song I understood the title was... "Painkiller".
I've become insane since that day :D

Fangface said:
I can't remember my first hit, as one of my best friends made me listen to various bands in the beginning, and I can't remember who they were.

Anyway, I had been told about a Metal program on a local radio, so I tried to catch it and the first song I understood the title was... "Painkiller".
I've become insane since that day :D
Gee Fang you started with 'Painkiller', men you're young :p

I guess I'm in between Hawk and Fang :lol:

A few years ago...sure my dad always played Creed, Metallica...and grunge stuff...then after a while i went out to buy a few albums. Nu-metal.

Papa roach - Infest
KoRn - Issues
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
Slipknot - Iowa

Then i got into metallica after those, then into thrash, then death metal...and so on.

My cousins used to play Twisted Sister and Quiet Riot a lot when I was like 6 or 7. I liked a couple of songs and even got my dad to buy me "Metal Health". After that I forgot about it for a while, didn't really fully pick it up until I saw Maiden in 1992.

sixxswine said:
First taste of metal? I would love to say it was sabbath, priest or something on the heavy side of things. Unfortunately, it was rock n roll, it was KISS. One of my uncles had this 8-track set of Double Platinum.

That's cool, Sixx. You and I both got started with Double Platinum. You get bonus points for it being on 8-track though......... that sir, is Oldschool. :)

Abryl said:
My cousins used to play Twisted Sister and Quiet Riot a lot when I was like 6 or 7. I liked a couple of songs and even got my dad to buy me "Metal Health". After that I forgot about it for a while, didn't really fully pick it up until I saw Maiden in 1992.
You better play Mariachi instead of being in this Forum. You are a big POSER chick. Slayer sucks? you suck big time. If people have to choose between your stinky ass and Slayer, everybody go with Slayer. :tickled: