YOUR First Exposure to Rock.......

Wicked Child

DYNO-MITE!
Mar 4, 2003
Vista, CA
Visit site
....if you can remember that far, that is!

My very first exposure to the rock world occured when i was 6 years old. I was in the car with my father, and he had his talk radio on as usual, but i decided to just mess around with the radio a little. And eventually, I came to a station playing a song that just put me in a trance. I was mesmorized by what these frail 6 year old ears were experiancing. The fret burning craziness of the guitar, the beauty and substance of the guitarwork, the solid rhythm, all of it just hypnotized me into another world. And this song was "Cliffs Of Dover" by Eric Johnson. This was a hit song back in 1991, and can now be heard in classic rock radio from tiime to time. If you haven't heard this song, you're missing magic. It's still one of my favorite songs of all time, not just for sentimental reasons, but also because the song just rules ass.

..........Of course a year later, i got into Rap. BUT i got into rock and metal officially when i was 13.

I was under the impression that I didn't like music at all, so I decided to have one last attempt and ordered Machine Head, from my mothers club book, because the LP had a cool cover. Anyway I was hooked within a few seconds of Highway Star and the rest, as they say, is history. I was 15 and the year was 1972.

My first exposure to Rock was pretty much the day I was born. I didn´t become aware of it until I was older though. Hehehe. My father is a HUGE music fan, Rock N Roll being his favourite and there was never much quiet time in our house while growing up because he always had something playing. I remember liking QUEEN, THE BEATLES and KISS when he would play them and stand mesmerized by the album covers (mostly the KISS and QUEEN ones).

Gosh I don't know. My mother loved Elvis and my dad played all the 60s/70s music. Music was just part of our everyday life.

Damn Wicked Child!!!! Your post makes me feel old as fuck!

Damn Runehammer!!!! Your post makes me feel young as fuck!

:D

It's so cool that we have such a wide age group in here.

Up until the time I heard Kiss Double Platinum all I'd heard was 70's pop songs and what ever songs were being played on all of those 70's tv variety shows. Remember them? Shows like Donny and Marie or Sonny and Cher. :)

"I'm a little bit country
I'm a goddamn metal head"

QUEEN also led me to rock 'n roll and then to Metal in my teenage years, along with Genesis and Pink Floyd. AC/DC too.
Guess why I like 70's stuff now ;)

I remember driving out to Saugus, about 2 hours from where I live and listening to Boston and AC/DC and stuff like that. Damn, I was about 6 years old so that would be 15 years ago. Damn thats a long time ago

Greeno said:
Don't worry young fuck, you too will soon be an old fuck. :D
Yes, but my beauty will live on. And the Fountain Of Youth is bound to be discovered in my lifetime, when you're just so old, you're a lost cause. :)

sixxswine said:
1979 listening to KISS Alive! on 8-track in my uncle's "electric blue" jacked up Duster.
And you make old man Greeno seem like my age, man!

How I'm going to remember?, I'm senile! :Spin:

But the closest thing will have to be a a Swan records 7-inches 45 single (many of of you don't know what I'm talking about anyway), containing 'She Love You' and 'I'll Get You' . I love the main song, and I'm still do. I was a kid roaming through my father's 45 collection (which I still own) and I fell for it.

Oh, yes the band was The Beatles, more pop that rock (I mean this ain't the Rolling Stones:headbang: ), but's alright :D