your first time listen..

reading this is incredible.
There are two bands on this planet that really move me to tears with almost all their lyrics.

Anathema is the second of these- and reading that other people feel the same is so odd . I met someone last year who i found out not only loved anathema but also felt the same to about the music. before then i thought i was the only one. my friend actually told Vincent that one particular song really changd his life - and vincent was apparently totally gobsmacked.
i hope he comes and reads this because he will see that people value his music so much and possibly more than he realises.

The first thing i heard was MAKE IT RIGHT off judgement and then immediately was blown away by many tracks including one last good bye and anyone anywhere on the same album.
those lyrics and the music are AWESOME.
then i heard ALternative 4. Inner silence need i say more.... the rest is history!!!!!!

but wow.

the only other band that do that to me is Area 54. theres something amazing to read what someone else is singing , has written and realise that u understand it totally beacause its so similar to what u write and feel. SOmehow i think it makes u realise there are people out there who understand how u feel. and maybe one day u might even meet someone like it!!!!!!!

YAY for anathema

I first heard Anathema back in 91 when i sent off for the All Faith Is Lost demo after a friend told me about them.Started writing to Vinnie and Daz in early 92 and saw them for the first time in London in 92 with Cannibal Corpse and Cradle of Filth-First time i actually met the guys and bought my Crestfallen long sleeve that i still treasure.Also have that gig on bootleg video-then into 93 Anathema released Serenades and i just saw them as many times as possible-mostly in London with bands like Bolt THrower,At the Gates,MDB and headlining their own shows in pubs,clubs etc.
In 94 after a short break i saw them in Liverpool,Nottingham and London and flew to Amsterdam to see them with MDB and At the Gates-later i the year I saw them in Holland and Germany headline some great gigs.

Then in 95-I was devestated that Daz was ousted-This band had meant so much to me-anyway life goes on and i was pleasantly surprised how Vinnie took to singing-saw more gigs headlining and a great tour with Paradise Lost and Cathedral.

Since then i've still caught them at least twice each tour-last time i saw them was earlier this year in London supporting Porcupine Tree where they debuted some of A Fine Day To Exit-will be catching them in London in Dec definitely.Seen them over 30 times now and i have the old style logo tattoed on my arm.

I only discovered Anathema early this year, when I bought 'eternity'. followed very soon by most of the rest. 'Eternity' really got inside me, the whole thing an amazing emotional journey which I took a long time to shake off. There is something special about the lyrics and music of Anathema, and I find they cannot be compared to anyone else. Their emotional impact can be so close to the bone that I have to be careful when I listen to them. A truly special band!

OK, sorry about the pop reply, but I really can't comprehend how someone can like A4 more than Eternity, and on top of it all say that the vocals wasn't any good! The emotions and loyalty of a classic took control. I do not think that A4 is a pop album.

I first heard them about 1 1/2 years ago. a friend of mine let me borrow Eternity. I loved the music and the lyrics, wasn't overly crazy about the vocals though. Well, my friend told me to check out Alternative 4 next, which I did, from the first 2 mins. I was hooked. I now have every full album. I can't get enough of it. I began listening right inbetween a couple of trying periods in my life, and it was just really.....cleansing I think is the word. It helped me get the negative emotions out, and was so beautiful, it was actually kind of uplifting. Man, I wish they'd tour the States,
instead of only playing Milwaukee Metalfest, which is a couple thousand miles from me.

Well, the first album by them that I heard was Judgement, and it is still my favorite. Eternity would be the second favorite. I don't really like Alternative 4 all that much, it seems underdeveloped somehow.

Judgement means a lot to me as I have been known to listen to it in some pretty problematic situations and it fit well my mood at the time. I still have to listen very carefully to A Fine Day to Exit to decide how I feel about it, though somehow it lacks the revelatory immediacy of Judgement for me, despite having probably more well written lyrics.

when serenades came out i got it and ever since i ve been a fan,i kinda grew up musically and personaly with them i found some sort of shelter for my own introspection (i hope this word exists),i relate a lot to it and feelings like that cant be described with words,just close your eyes and enjoy the ride.

Anathema is the most important band in my life.

I heard them for the 1st time in September '96, it was Serenades(and I was not so convinced in their emotional metal), but in the Spring '97 Eternity stepped into my life and that was THE moment when I fell in love with their fragile, beautiful music.
The delightment was so great...
Anathemaniac I became, and the life will never be so beautiful as that day.:)