The First Timers thread

espz

Sep 23, 2011
Colorado Springs
13 will be my first ProgPower fest! I figured I'd start a thread for all the newbies and maybe we can see WHY we have been able to pull the trigger now, when we haven't before.

My story goes back to number two believe it or not. In 2001 I was a HUGE Angel Dust fan....and I saw they were playing a date in America....at this thing called ProgPower. But I had a travel job, and there was no way I could make the date. Oh how I regret that now that they are gone!

And then I got married.

And then I went in and out of jobs. An IT contractor's life.

Until a year and a half or so ago, I finally got a job with job security. I went three holiday seasons without a job....it was horrible. Now I know that I have a paycheck coming no matter what. I'm one of the lucky ones!

I had mostly forgotten about ProgPower. I occasionally heard things here and there...but it seemed very under the radar for me.

But I checked in last year, because of Therion....but it was too late.

And then THIS line up came for 13. I couldn't NOT go to this.

Now, more than ever, after Glenn's announcement, my once in a life time concert...could actually BE a once in a lifetime event. Ouch!

I look back at all the bands I've missed over the years and I have to kick myself. I could've found a way. Maybe. Like I said....out of work at Christmas time...bad juju for doing ANYTHING!

But I won't miss this one. :headbang:

What other newbie has a story similar?