A thought for first timers, this isn't music related, but VERY important.

nailz

Nov 11, 2002
San Francisco
Visit site
For those of you first timers to Progpower, I feel that having been screwed our first time at the Granada at pp4, that I should pass on this bit of information to you: You MUST check into your hotel before a certian time or they will GIVE YOUR ROOM AWAY, reguardless of wether or not you have a reservation for that day. CALL YOUR HOTEL to find out when that time is and schedual your arrival time accordingly, and if you are going to be late, make SURE you call them and tell them.

The Granada was as accomidating as they could've been for us that year, but there wasn't much they could do the day of the show, and 5 of us ended up in a one bed room.

So, just an FYI, make sure you know where you stand.

nailz said:
The Granada was as accomidating as they could've been for us that year, but there wasn't much they could do the day of the show, and 5 of us ended up in a one bed room.

Rock on, dude! What's more :headbang:METAL:headbang: than cramming into one bed with 4 other drunk, sweaty metalheads?! :heh: :heh: :puke:

I've stayed at the Granada the past two times and have a reservation again for this year. I've had no problem, but have heard other's horror stories, so even though I made my reservation in JANUARY! I checked, and always will. Get a confirmation number and check by July and you should be fine.

AMBR said:
I've stayed at the Granada the past two times and have a reservation again for this year. I've had no problem, but have heard other's horror stories, so even though I made my reservation in JANUARY! I checked, and always will. Get a confirmation number and check by July and you should be fine.

I've partied at the Granada several times, but never stayed there. If I recall correctly, the majority of the horror stories were from ProgPower II, when many people who had reserved early at low prices, arrived to find that their reservations had simply been canceled in favor of later people who reserved at full price.

Fortunately, I was at the now-defunct Fairfield that year, where there was plenty of space!

AMBR said:

Actually, ambr, your post had reminded me of the quirky way they do things. Just because you verify your conformation, if you don't check in by.. I think, 4pm at the Granada on your checkin date, your room will be forfiet, reservation or not. This is probably true for the majority of hotels, so just keep that in mind :)

nailz said:
Actually, ambr, your post had reminded me of the quirky way they do things. Just because you verify your conformation, if you don't check in by.. I think, 4pm at the Granada on your checkin date, your room will be forfiet, reservation or not. This is probably true for the majority of hotels, so just keep that in mind :)
Good point. I always give a credit card and tell them I'm going to be a late check in, even if I'm not. Back up, back up, back up! Leave nothing to chance or hotel whims!

We got bumped from the Granada last year to the Inn at the Peachtrees.

A simple, courteous but forceful response to their online 'satisfaction survey' a week or 2 later netted me a free suite for Amon Amarth a few months later, so my faith in the Granada was restored. We trying to stay there again this year.

I booked a room at the Granada this year through hotels.com, already paid for it and everything, but I just did a search for my reservation through the best western/granada website via my confirmation number and it's not showing up. What's the deal? Good to know I'm already having problems. :rolleyes:

I have had zero problems with the 2 different hotels I have stayed at

Prog Maiden said:
I booked a room at the Granada this year through hotels.com, already paid for it and everything, but I just did a search for my reservation through the best western/granada website via my confirmation number and it's not showing up. What's the deal? Good to know I'm already having problems. :rolleyes:

I'd call the Granada about that, Meg.

Also, regarding nailz' post: Ask to prepay the first night so if you're late they CAN'T give away the room. The reason all that crap happened at PP4 was because the credit card used was denied when they tried to charge it (dad's a travel agent and used his credit card when he made the reservations. Thanks, dad!), and since we weren't there by the cutoff time, they gave our room away. They were, however, VERY good about it, and though we were stuffed in a room with one bed the first night, they gave us two rooms at an EXTREMELY reduced price. I think they more than made up for it.

Prog Maiden said:
After reading your post, I checked for my reservations online and they weren't there. I called the Best Western 800 number and still no sign of my reservations. I then called the Granada direct and they do have my reservations, so you may have to call the Granada direct to make sure.

Yeah, I just noticed on the Best Western site that it says some reservations can't be viewed online. I figured I should call just to be safe though, but thanks for the heads up on that 800 number. I'll make sure to call the hotel directly and confirm.

Prog Maiden said:
The first time I went to Finland in '04 I booked through an online service. Later, I checked online and my reservation was not there. I checked around and this is what I discovered. Those services book blocks of rooms and not all the individual room reservation info. is kept on the sites of the hotels, but the hotels themselves should have the info., so you need to check with them or the service that booked it. Apparently this is common.

I'm staying at the Super 8 Motel on Peachtree Street. Hopefully it's within walking distance or a cab ride from the venue. This is my 1st time to Atlanta.

nailz said:

So, just an FYI, make sure you know where you stand.

I get around this by just not staying at the shitty Granada.