A thought for first timers, this isn't music related, but VERY important.

Theandromedastrain said:
Have you guys ever encountered trouble at the residence Inn?

No. Well, last year some people were displaced because many hotels were legally barred from removing some Gulf Coast hurricane refugees, even though they were supposed to have checked out by then, and the rooms had already been booked for future use by ProgPower attendees. But, that was hardly their fault, and according to all reports, the hotel did everything they could to help out people caught in that situation.

Theandromedastrain said:
thats where im most likely staying (havne't booked yet)

If you're planning on staying there but haven't booked yet, you may be out of luck. The Residence Inn has filled up pretty quickly the last couple years.

Theandromedastrain said:
and i want to know if they have any big issues or not.

Well... they're a tad expensive (except for the one year I stayed there and got a ridiculously cheap internet rate), but overall, I think most people have found the hotel and the staff to be very good.

booB said:
I get around this by just not staying at the shitty Granada.

It's the only problem we've ever had staying there, and like Curufin said, it was quickly remedied to the best of their ability and they were incredibly accomodating. I would definitely recomend staying there for anyone, as I have had nothing but wonderful experiences. They don't mind the parties, the filth, or the extreme amount of metalheads. :D

Curufin said:
You obviously weren't at my Friday afterparty last year...

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

LOL - guess not. I've been to two parties there and both of them have been broken up by hotel security. In addition, just hanging out with friends and listening to music caused several knocks on the door by security as well.

Theandromedastrain said:
Have you guys ever encountered trouble at the residence Inn? thats where im most likely staying (havne't booked yet) and i want to know if they have any big issues or not.
You are most likely out of luck for a room at the Residence Inn, i have notices on Expedia and Hotels.com they are showing no rooms available, and their website won't even list this RI on the list of of hotels in and around atlanta. But Good Luck in finding one you may have to call the RI in atlanta personnally to book a room.

Dark One said:
LOL - guess not. I've been to two parties there and both of them have been broken up by hotel security. In addition, just hanging out with friends and listening to music caused several knocks on the door by security as well.

Try to make it this year. There were no less than 50 people in our suite having a drunken blast. And we were LOUD. It was quite fun. There will be signs in the Granada elevator (as there were last year) telling the room number.

nailz said:
Try to make it this year. There were no less than 50 people in our suite having a drunken blast. And we were LOUD. It was quite fun. There will be signs in the Granada elevator (as there were last year) telling the room number.

Thanks - though I think the Residence will be just as rockin' (which is where I'm staying this year). Still though, it's always nice to have options. :kickass:

Dark One said:
Thanks - though I think the Residence will be just as rockin' (which is where I'm staying this year). Still though, it's always nice to have options. :kickass:

I've got a 2-BR suite at the RI this year and I was semi-seriously thinking of throwing a party...but then, I'd have to miss everyone else's. :lol:

Still, it'd be a shame to waste that much room. :heh: