The Forest Petition

Tubbs Mcgee said:
OMG OMG THEY SO DONT LOL SNOWY FORESTS PWN!!!! Actually, a forest, out during dusk, right in front of a volcano is a PERFECT setting. THAT pwns ALL n00bs. When Mike yells something, BOOM! The volcano erupts!
LOL A VOLCANO! HAHAHAHAHAHA.

SacredReich said:
Following debate in this thread: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223995, I have decided to officially open up the petition for a forest setting in the next (if there is a next) Opeth music video.

All the old black metal fanatics deserve a quality forest video featuring one of the greatest metal acts the world has seen, so here we are.

Oh please. Another newbified thread.

- Opeth are not black metal. Theyre about as close to Black Metal as Burzum is to Death Metal. Learn your music and do some reading before making incorrect statements.

- The chances of getting Opeth back in forests is as close as getting them to record a sequel to Morningrise ie, it wont happen.

They are part of the RR roster now, and dark forests arent quite the RR thing. It is clear that Opeth are moving into a new direction. The days of forests, brutality of MAYH and complexity of SL are gone. Usher in the major-key ridden RR sound. I guarantee you the next record will be even lighter than GR was.

You're wrong. The reason TGC video sucked was because Opeth didnt even both inputting into the music video, they just said "fuck it". If they had it their way, I'd be a forest.

yeah, on a second thought the forest would be nice...

*Beneath the Mire intro starts* on screen: Mikael in a cool forest, by the river, hand-washing his clothes and moving with the rhythm of the song. (of course with loneliness and despair on his face).

then the rest of the band in the woods.. dancing in a gnomo-way... yeah, with hats, and pointy shoes and belts.. you know... irish stuff...

then comes the clean-vocal part... the forest gets all SHINY and BEAUTIFUL and STUFF... and there's Mikael wearing his JUST-HANDWASHED-WHITE-CLOTHES , you know.. like floating , yeah, and he has like these nice and gorgeous wings... yeah, he's like an ANGEL... "beneath the mire...." that's what he's singing...

then comes the HEAVY BADASS part of the song again and Mikael appear by the river again,with dirty white clothes :( but now he's washing faster and faster and faster... (image moves in fast motion)... and faster and faster with the beat of the FAST drums...

then the song ends and there they are, the 5 of them in the river washing their sins off by having nice homo-erotic sexual STUFF going on, in a pretty medieval way....

yeah , on second thought opeth+forest video=teh SHIT!!!

The Hubster said:
I'm wrong... about what? I didn't even mention TGC video. I'm talking about their musical direction overall.

Read my post again.

It's always interesting when You're back on the board Hubster... by interesting I mean continually pushing it into people's faces about Opeth's "new direction". It has been discussed TO DEATH.... I do actually agree with you, but I think it's time to move on...

Oh please. Another newbified thread.

Thanks for gracing us with your presence, oh mighty one.

- Opeth are not black metal. Theyre about as close to Black Metal as Burzum is to Death Metal. Learn your music and do some reading before making incorrect statements.

Where did I say they were, smartarse? It's clear they aren't. I just said all the BM fans would enjoy seeing a great band do a forest video. Read properly before flaming and making incorrect statements.

- The chances of getting Opeth back in forests is as close as getting them to record a sequel to Morningrise ie, it wont happen.

Wow, reality just struck! Do you think I'm a fucking retard? I'm not actually sending off a petition, you fool. This is to determine interest amongst the fans.

The Hubster said:
I guarantee you the next record will be even lighter than GR was.

Who cares? As long as it's good music. The sign of a good band is progression not stagnation and living in the past. If you want MAYH part 2 you'll be waiting for a while. Opeth are continuing to make amazing music. Orchid through Ghost Reveries are all amazing and all different. I would never want them to keep making the same albums over and over like so many bands do today.

SacredReich said:
Thanks for gracing us with your presence, oh mighty one.

You're welcome.

SacredReich said:
Where did I say they were, smartarse? It's clear they aren't. I just said all the BM fans would enjoy seeing a great band do a forest video. Read properly before flaming and making incorrect statements.

Why in the world would an "old school" Black Metal fan (note, not an average Black Metal fan) listen to Opeth? God you're a fucking fanboy. Have you bought your Ghost Reveries Lego set yet? More so, do you understand that there was an actual political and mythological philosophy behind Black Metal "forest themes"? No Black Metal fanatic would like "forest videos" unless it involves the Black Metal philosophy, that is the very point of these videos existing. They convey a deep spiritual philosophical beliefs, which were big parts of the Black Metal movement itself.

SacredReich said:
Wow, reality just struck! Do you think I'm a fucking retard? I'm not actually sending off a petition, you fool. This is to determine interest amongst the fans.

Yes, you are a retard. Interest for what? For what point is this utterly wasteful thread posted? Where is the intelligent discussion?

Yet another stupid thread which has little intelligence or conversational direction. "Lets take guess at which colour of jelly beans Opeth might eat! That way I'll find out if I'm cool by eating the same coloured ones as my heroes!"

Someone close this thread, it's a waste of webspace!

Hlfreak said:
The hubster is so "tr00 and kvlt"!:erk:

Hardly the case or the point I'm trying to make.

Rather that it would be nice to see intelligent discussions in this forum as opposed to stupid threads like this.

Why are you wasting your time here then?

I'm interested to see if people thought the other style of goddamn video was better than the classic forest video. If you aren't, piss off.

Oh, so because I like BM, I can't listen to any other music? Don't be a bloody idiot. You're probably one of those assholes that loves to sit and stick music into genre after subgenre. since when am I a fanboy for desiring a better video?

And being a fan of BM, I am well aware of the beliefs and motivation behind the music. Point is, I still think Opeth playing in a forest would be better than the stupid randomness that ensued in the video for The Grand Conjuration.

Look I don't want to turn this thread into a back-and-forth between us, but you aren't adding anything to what you've already deemed "pointless", so don't waste your time.