The Forest Petition

The Hubster said:
Why in the world would an "old school" Black Metal fan (note, not an average Black Metal fan) listen to Opeth?
what the fuck? Believe it or not, people sometimes listen to music of different genres.

The Hubster said:
Hardly the case or the point I'm trying to make.

Rather that it would be nice to see intelligent discussions in this forum as opposed to stupid threads like this.

Being divisive doesn't help make intelligent threads either. If you don't like the direction a thread is going in why not make posts to help move it in the 'intelligent' direction that you would like to see it go. It might not work all of time but I think it's more constructive than calling other people's threads stupid. That does nothing for anyone's cause. Basically, be the intelligent poster that you would like to see on this forum instead of complaining about how there aren't any. I don't mean to infer that you're not an intelligent poster but the condescending tone doesn't help your cause with a lot of people.

The Hubster said:
I guarantee you the next record will be even lighter than GR was.

That doesn't mean anything, you have no proof, why do you even say it? Yeah, I respect your opinion, but you really have no basis for that statement.

Anyways, say what you want about Opeth's "new direction", but we still think a forest is the ideal setting for an Opeth video.

Think about R/HF. Tell me a forest wouldn't be a good setting for that...

The Hubster said:
Rather that it would be nice to see intelligent discussions in this forum as opposed to stupid threads like this.

If you think it's stupid, then do yourself a favor and don't post here. You don't have to tell everyone how stupid it is. It's obvious that other posters here do not think it's stupid.

You're pretty arrogant.

I can see it. Baying of the Hounds. Mikael running away from dogs and stuff...then he stumbles into a swamp (full of contorted trees)...Then he drowns....and comes back as a demonic creature.

or they could do a movie of Still Life...change the last song...have the last scene as a burning church...for the BM fans.

The Hubster said:
More so, do you understand that there was an actual political and mythological philosophy behind Black Metal "forest themes"? No Black Metal fanatic would like "forest videos" unless it involves the Black Metal philosophy, that is the very point of these videos existing. They convey a deep spiritual philosophical beliefs, which were big parts of the Black Metal movement itself.

Maybe so, but I still don't see why any other band (like Opeth for example) can't film a video with a forest in it.

Besides Opeth look right at home out in nature. I think the forest idea is cool!

I s'pose i need hard evidence for my case:

fig5a.jpg

carpathianmts.jpg

carpathian%20mountains%20forests.jpg

Imagine it at the darkest hour of night.:headbang: