The Forest Petition

Mmmmm I know, but after seeing the Smoky's....well...

If only they had some mad pagan background to them. That's what makes the Carpathian ones so awesome.

SacredReich said:
The forests around the Carpathian mountains are basically a must-use I think.
more precisely, the romanian carpathians :D

and they should announce the exact location so that i can meet them.. and then they'll do a special show in the forest just for me:hotjump:

forestfire.jpg

Can you imagine a band playing in this forest? Cruel I know, but I thought it was funny. A BM band especially:

"Ugh, guys, you know that church we burnt... looks like it mighta spread..."

And then they all start running and jumping in Wizard hats.

Works for me!

As for Opeth, a forest video would be cool I suppose, but that kind of ruins our plans for our Opeth tribute song video for Harvest :(

vampyrouss said:
forestfire.jpg

Can you imagine a band playing in this forest? Cruel I know, but I thought it was funny. A BM band especially:

"Ugh, guys, you know that church we burnt... looks like it mighta spread..."

And then they all start running and jumping in Wizard hats.

Works for me!

As for Opeth, a forest video would be cool I suppose, but that kind of ruins our plans for our Opeth tribute song video for Harvest :(

In all honesty. Fire + forests = Power metal.

Snow + Forest = Black metal.

If they did do a forest video, I bet Zorro would set the trees on fire. Then a toilet would eat people. And Opeth wouldn't even be shown.

Why not some concert footage? As hilarious as the Immortal videos are, Opeth might be better served in their natural habitat- on stage. We don't need to see Peter or Mike with the armbands with the ten-inch carpenter nails on them and the upside-down cross necklace walking around a forest looking gay. If they do a forest thing, it should be the band doing a Tim The Enchanter style thing where they can point with their fingers and shit blows up. That would own.

"There are those who call us.... Opeth" (boom)

*ahem* back to Opeth in the forests? :)

About the stage thing, I think them playing in a forest is the way to go. They could never manage a BM thing running around all dressed up, but I think a forest performance would kick arse.

I have a question.

Everyone seems to associate Opeth's music with forest and winter and night, but why? I do it myself and I have no clue why, or when it started. It's not like THAT many of their songs have references to forests or whatever.

Any insights?

Just a metal thing I think. Whenever I listen to the concept albums, all the imagery revolving around the murder etc seems to be of forest or dark settings. Just an "evil" or dark setting I guess. But to be fair, all those things are really metal.

Jude said:
I have a question.

Everyone seems to associate Opeth's music with forest and winter and night, but why? I do it myself and I have no clue why, or when it started. It's not like THAT many of their songs have references to forests or whatever.

Any insights?

One day I said, "I'm going to force myself to get into Opeth." So I sat at my computer with all Opeth downloaded and listend to everything from Orchid to BWP in chronological order. Every song on Orchid has forest imagery, and it simply carried into every other album. Those were my first impressions, and they stuck.

There's lots of forests around these parts, and I often used to feel like I was walking around in an Opeth video (you know, before they had a proper one). And then they Roadrunner wet-dream that was TGC's video ruined that for me. I don't hate that video that much though...

Bah I can't stand it.

I reckon forest vids (performance ones at least) are #1, but I think Tool's music vids are awesome, too. suit the music.