THE FUNNY THREAD

Juniper said:
Keeping in mind that this is "the funny thread" and not wanting to turn this into some kind of political discussion I do however want to say that I didnt mean to offend any Americans..
I didnt mean to genaralize , I know that america isnt entirely inhabited by foxnewswatchingbushvotingrednecks ...
My posts are more directed to the governement and overall atitude of the US and not really to all American people...

My opinion is based on the tradition the US have as portraying themselves as "land of the free", the "best nation in the world" , "bringers of democracy and peace" and so on...
When in my opinion they have a horrible form of democracy ( only two parties have the power and its almost imposible for any new party to get in between ..) , they dont bring peace but they create wars everywhere they think they can get money from...
There also is a lot of poverty in this rich western country , the differences between rich and poor being totally out of balance.. and they like it that way.
I also have the idea that there are a lot of uneducated people in America , not only in schooling but just in their common knowlegde... a lot of people have a very distorted view of the world and america's place in it..
And the leaders of the US are not intending to change that but are happy to keep it that way..
To me America doesnt stand for democracy and freedom but for hypocrisy ...

I know that other countries have the same flaws and shortcomings and that there are morons, critins and retards everywhere but (beside that I cant shake the feeling that the US have A LOT of them ,the fact that bush got re-elected made me even more sure ) they are telling the world that they are the lighting example of how we all should live... they are enforcing idea's on other countries through violence while at the same time breaking their own rules...
That's why I'm picking on America... they are making themselves an easy target ...

OK sorry... I just turned this into a political discussion :oops:
I just had to say this...

Pretty much agreed. It's kind of funny how it's always the stupid americans who are in limelights while the wise ones can't get their voices heard. No wonder why the rest of the world has such a negative picture of US.

Need more beer.

Edit: Sorry, I misread the topic, I thought it was criticise America-thread. Damn.

I think you all need a new hobby instead of bashing America and Bush all the time. Just cause you saw something on YOUTUBE.com doesnt mean Americans are stupid or make you experts in world-politics. If i asked 500 people in Finland or the Netherlands something like that and then spliced the 10 stupidest answers together into a short film i could make your country look pretty fucking retarded too. And some of you are saying 'Not all the Americans are stupid just the ones we see on T.V.' as if we need to be defended. I don't walk down the street and say, 'damn, i saw a really stupid Finnish guy on some website, but its ok cause only the Finnish people i see in videos are stupid.' You guys, come on. Americans don't hate you and we don't talk too much pointless shit either. EVERY country out there has flaws. Its just in this world of instant information access people group into ideas quickly when they hear shit they dont like. If there is someone here from a country that doesn't have dark moments, like Eden or Atlantis ('cept for that wholesinking buisness) then you can talk as much shit as you want. If not stop complaining about something you can't fix or go out and do something about it. If not shut the fuck up.

Drk4fearofailure said:
I think you all need a new hobby instead of bashing America and Bush all the time. Just cause you saw something on YOUTUBE.com doesnt mean Americans are stupid or make you experts in world-politics. If i asked 500 people in Finland or the Netherlands something like that and then spliced the 10 stupidest answers together into a short film i could make your country look pretty fucking retarded too. And some of you are saying 'Not all the Americans are stupid just the ones we see on T.V.' as if we need to be defended. I don't walk down the street and say, 'damn, i saw a really stupid Finnish guy on some website, but its ok cause only the Finnish people i see in videos are stupid.' You guys, come on. Americans don't hate you and we don't talk too much pointless shit either. EVERY country out there has flaws. Its just in this world of instant information access people group into ideas quickly when they hear shit they dont like. If there is someone here from a country that doesn't have dark moments, like Eden or Atlantis ('cept for that wholesinking buisness) then you can talk as much shit as you want. If not stop complaining about something you can't fix or go out and do something about it. If not shut the fuck up.
I'm sure all of us (with probably véry little exeptions) are aware of that.
So I also agree with you.

btw, juniper, nice piece of work;)

and also i vote to make the funny thread funny again and leave shit like this out. for good. all in favor raise your glass:kickass:

lol.jpeg