The Future Past Tour Setlist Speculation

bozza

Jun 25, 2012
Hi Peeps. Its been ages since I last posted here, but I love SIT and subject line says it all.

But, I've got two setlists in mind.

Without further ado, here's the first:

(Possible Intros: Doctor Doctor, Blade Runner original or 2049 theme with a video)
1. Caught Somewhere In Time
2. The Writing On The Wall
3. Lost In A Lost World
4. Sea Of Madness
5. The Trooper
6. Days Of Future Past
7. Killers
8. Stranger In A Strange Land
9. The Time Machine
10. Heaven Can Wait
11. Darkest Hour
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden

ENCORE

14. The Number Of The Beast
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Wasted Years

Notes: Granted Killers is a big ask, but given both that and Stranger was last played at the end of the 90s, it would be timely bring it back...says me anyway.

I think WOTW will be the sole Senjutsu song played on the LOTB tour that will come back for the FP tour, but I could well be wrong in guessing what the other four songs will be.

Also, given Wasted Years was an encore closer when I last saw them in 2016 (Book of Souls tour), closing with that again, would keep in line with their "5 from both SIT and Senjutsu" pledge while leaving room for a rare gem like Killers
1f603.png

Some will say its sack-relig to have LIALW and Darkest Hour instead of Hell on Earth and The Parchment, but I'm keeping things realistic setlist time-wise. Speaking of set list times, Maiden might for the first time ever play a song from an 80s album that was never played on the original tour, which would mean dropping Killers and replacing one of the 5 SIT songs with said song.

And on that note: Here's the second:

(Possible Intros: Doctor Doctor, Blade Runner original or 2049 theme with a video)
3. Lost In A Lost World
4. Sea Of Madness
5. The Trooper
6. Days Of Future Past
7. Stranger In A Strange Land
8. The Time Machine
9. Alexander The Great
10. Darkest Hour
11. Fear Of The Dark
12. Iron Maiden

ENCORE

13. The Number Of The Beast
14. Hallowed Be Thy Name
15. Wasted Years

Last edited:
Revised Set List (i.e. Killers and Alexander The Great in the same set list, leaving Hallowed as the only song from NOTB).

3. Lost In A Lost World
4. Sea Of Madness
5. The Trooper
6. Days Of Future Past
7. Killers
8. Stranger In A Strange Land
9. The Time Machine
10. Alexander The Great
11. Darkest Hour
12. Iron Maiden

ENCORE

13. Fear Of The Dark
14. Hallowed Be Thy Name
15. Wasted Years

I'd be happy with any setlist if it meant they rescheduled their cancelled tour. However, I like your suggested setlist.

The have said that they will tour in 2024 and their latest date for 2023 (so far) is the German Wacken Festival in early August.

What they have yet to confirm (as far as I'm aware) is if there will be further dates this year.

Although 2024 is more likely, I'm hoping they will announce Aus, NZ, Japan etc dates kicking off somewhere between mid September and mid October this year (which would give them at least a month and a bit off after Wacken).

Fingers crossed for Aussie dates!:D