The 'geek/nerd/anime/comics/etc.' thread

I have a bunch of series already downloaded, but I have been very busy tho. I'll resume watching Paranoia Agent, totally recommended for everyone who liked Paprika and/or Perfect Blue.

I tried Uncharted 2 for PS3, excellent game on all senses. The new Tekken rocks too. the most dissapointing game on ps3 so far has been the new KOF.

I guess my geek/nerdisms are all cartoons. I love watching Aqua Teen, Metalocalypse, Boondocks, Venture Brothers...Not to mention old goodies like Looney Tunes. Actually working on a cartoon at the moment to pitch to Adult Swim, which I think puts me at a higher level of nerd.

first session of a new game yesterday night. 5 hours and we are only in the middle of the game :p
the board game is called warrior knights, and has the most intricate rules i have ever read in my life. but it's really enjoyable, we played 5 hours without getting bored for a single second. it's a medieval war game, you are a baron and you controll some nobles with their troops. strategy is really impotant, because you have to control many things, like faith hegemony, influence over the lands, you have to gain votes for the assembly, you have to earn enough money to pay your troops and to strengthen your cities...and much more! :headbang:

^ Haha sounds awesome, although too time consuming for me :Smug: .

not so time consuming if you play it at night, when outside is cold and you have no will to go to a pub. you can spend all night playing with friends and when you look at your armclock....you see that is 5 in the morning and you can't understand why :lol: :rolleyes:

not so time consuming if you play it at night, when outside is cold and you have no will to go to a pub. you can spend all night playing with friends and when you look at your armclock....you see that is 5 in the morning and you can't understand why :lol: :rolleyes:

Hahaha awesome :lol: .

I finished the new Mazinger Z, so now I'm watching the original Gundam, Gundam 0079. It's a bit hard to download, I hate that I have to download three files to watch one episode. And it's uploaded in English on YouTube, but I guess the series is worth it.

Hahaha awesome :lol: .

I finished the new Mazinger Z, so now I'm watching the original Gundam, Gundam 0079. It's a bit hard to download, I hate that I have to download three files to watch one episode. And it's uploaded in English on YouTube, but I guess the series is worth it.

Almost any gundam is good, being Wing the worst. Z, ZZ and F91 are great.

I finished watching today Gundam 00 (both seasons), OK series IMO, but I've seen much better ones :rolleyes: . There'll be a new movie of it in 2010, and a new series called Gundam Unicorn.

And this picture made me laugh (far right, your view: Borknagar's drummmer):

IMG_0071.jpg

I'm watching Full Metal Alchemist - Shintetsu. Very interesting anime, just the character design is not of my liking.

I finished Army of Two for ps3. Really nice game.

Played/Trying:

Assasins Creed II - better than the first, but I felt it's too way long.

Army of Two "2" - the vertical split screen sucks, the rest is good.

Darksiders - Incredible graphics and chara designs. The story is not really complex but it works and very well. It's easy to play but the difficulty level is high, which is good.

Mortal Kombat v/s Dc Universe - to beat up some guys is good. Nothing really impressive IMO.

Batman:Arkham Asylum - I liked a lot. Nice story, ambience and of course he kick asses, really entertainting and complete, some puzzles, platform, driving, stealth missions, it has everything.

Depends on the games ;)
Educational games for children would hardly classify you a geek or nerd but 80's style text adventures would probably make you some kind of nerd monarch :lol:
Any sort of games, it's my job. At the moment I'm working on some shitty iPhone games, and during the summer I was working on some xbox stuff.

I've been in the world of Dragon age on the 360 for some time now. Takes a minute to grasp the game , but once you do it's so highly addictive and 9 hours can go by extremely quick.

I tried out Dragon Age not long ago, got tired of it real quick (within an hour). RPGs are stone fucking dead.:( Oblivion with guns, Mass Effect, Dragon Age... this shit just ain't it.:/ Oh well.

I am playing Dead Space now, it's pretty fun. Ordered some good headphones so I can play at night.=D Hopefully they get here soon.

V you didn't grasp the game long enough to embrace it's qualities. I have played several rpg's and this game is quality. It has already won several awards, and it's already known BIOWARE makes great games. I say give the game more time, it goes deep. The Oblivion with guns is called Fallout 3, and is made by the same company that made Oblivion so the same engine was used.