The 'geek/nerd/anime/comics/etc.' thread

Thanks for the tip, just saw the first episode, and it looks very cool. Will have to put it on my "to do" list I suppose... It's just so loooong.... :lol:

Now I have a problem about that...I've seen too much anime and I dunno what to watch. There are just a few new decent series. Luckily, I'm more into reading for now, but today I finished Lazarillo de Tormes and I dunno what to read, cause I've read all the books from my house and most friends :rofl:. I guess I'll buy a bunch of them, the monthly book supply.

Well, I know they're not exactly new or anything, but two series I would love to see are Chrono Crusade (seems hilarious from what I've seen) and Zone Of The Enders (loved the games, so interested in the series)
Other than that I would love to find a new (or old) series reminiscent of Neon Genesis Evangelion and Raxephon as they both rate extremely high on my favourite list.
Hope you could use this for something, although I feel I am hopelessly far behind many of you in here in keeping up-to-date with this stuff...

I just started watching Kurozuka, and I think it's the best samurai anime I've seen in a long time. I'm about to start episode three, and nothing makes sense :p . No spoilers, please ;) .

Well, I know they're not exactly new or anything, but two series I would love to see are Chrono Crusade (seems hilarious from what I've seen) and Zone Of The Enders (loved the games, so interested in the series)
Other than that I would love to find a new (or old) series reminiscent of Neon Genesis Evangelion and Raxephon as they both rate extremely high on my favourite list.
Hope you could use this for something, although I feel I am hopelessly far behind many of you in here in keeping up-to-date with this stuff...

ZOE was OK I guess, never finished watching it. Although it is from Kojima-sama, so I guess I ought to. The mecha genre is lacking a great series nowadays IMO, I'm bloody sick of Gundam.

Electronic Arts are continuing a welcome tradition: offering older C&C titles for free as part of the promotion for new C&C releases. With C&C 4 on the horizon, they have now put up Tiberian Sun on their website, where it can be downloaded free of charge. After 10+ years it's still a solid game.;)

I fucking hate Kurozuka. I got everything, but I just didn't like it. The series had much, much more potential than this. It could've easily been made into 50 ep., but no let's just make 12. The plot is lacking, as well as character development. The only good, actually excellent thing, was the animation.

Yeah, I've seen a couple of interviews with Stig saying something like that. Didn't he say it wouldn't necessarily be Kratos the next time, just someone within the God of War franchise?

It's basically up in the air. I personaly don't see them throwing away Kratos but anything is possible. Here is the interview.

While some have speculated that this will be the last adventure into the realm of the Gods from SCE Santa Monica, that couldn't be further from the truth. Speaking with IndustryGamers.com, producer Steve Caterson explained that God of War III isn't the end-all, be-all of the series. It is however, the end of Kratos story. Well, God of War III is the end of the trilogy, he told IndustryGamers. We didn't leave you on a cliffhanger but I think it's not the end of the franchise. I'm looking forward to do something different if we can. It also might be nice to return to the franchise if we can and bring all that knowledge back from wherever we go. Anything's possible. It's premature to say what it might be, since I don't even know what I'll be doing next week.

-from Playstation university

Amazing game. Loved it! I've played through with almost every class. What did you start with? I was a Dwarven Noble and it was fucking epic.

I started as a poor Dwarven street beggar in a gang named "Dwarbon". I ended up becoming a berzerker warrior,I had the sunsword dmg- 15 +14(to darkspawn with enchantment). I ended up pissing off Alistair who left the group because I spared Loghain. Loghain became a powerful allie, Alistair became the town drunk instead of a king. In the last battle with the archdemon dragon, it killed my party except Oghren who I slayed the archdemon with. I played the game on normal, such an excellent worthy purchase. I can't wait for the sequel, in the meantime there is an available expansion adventure I need to look into.