The 'geek/nerd/anime/comics/etc.' thread

*I'd have to learn something new
*It would cost more
*I wouldn't be able to change all the parts
*I wouldn't be able to play all the games that are made for Windows.
*I haven't had a virus in 10 years, and when I had a virus it was because I was 11 years and stupid as a donkey on crystal meth, so the argument about Macs being safer doesn't effect me.

I still cannot understand why you dont download a windows 7 copy with validation serial:confused:

Sigurðr;9074385 said:
I still cannot understand why you dont download a windows 7 copy with validation serial:confused:

I used the beta and the RC for a while and they ran a bit slow on this computer. I'll probably buy a new computer relatively soon, so I'll install W7 on that.

All this talk of Windows 7 and new computers, and here I am sitting with a computer that makes Rob Halford look young...Oh well, I like my Windows XP.

All this talk of Windows 7 and new computers, and here I am sitting with a computer that makes Rob Halford look young...Oh well, I like my Windows XP.

ok my specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1243 MHz
Mainboard: ASUSTeK (BIOS date 2003)
Memory: DDR 1024MB (166 MHz frequency)
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 6200 256 MB

oh, did i mention i'm a 3D modeler and my tools of trade are 3ds max and Photoshop... so go figure!
Oh, and i obviously use XP, doubtful if this piece of tin can even handle Vista... :erk:

exactly :p:lol:
i even manage to run max and Photoshop at the same time :p
seriously, i desperately need a new one but i had to lend a fairly big sum of money to a friend in need so it has to wait until i get it back :erk:
Haha I couldn't imagine opening the PSD files I have, 600mb big with over 100 layers. :lol:

Right now I use 7, but I'm going to get a macbook soon.

I'm watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Hokuto no Ken/Raoh Gaiden - Ten no Haoh.

FYI if you pre-order Starcraft 2, you get a beta key now. Game is released July 27th, at any rate.

Starcraft and Diablo series are the best for me, same with DOOM, i play Doom since i was 6 years old:heh: Cannot wait to the Star2 release, ill buy immediately, my university classes start on July 27, i think ill be a little late to the class:lol::lol:

Just finished watching This Ugly Yet Beautiful World; an overall ok experience. Mostly pretty silly relationship humour, with with a few short but nice action breaks, and a tear-presser ending. Oh, and a lot of uncalled for and excess nudity...
The story could have had a bit more drive in my opinion, for the most part (especially start and middle) you really didn't get anywhere, and then the whole problem-action-solution thing didn't come into play until the last four episodes... But as I said, it was ok. I got a few good laughs, and was touched by the ending. Very cutesy stuff...

Oh yeah, I saw it because it was announcewd as "The best anime from Gainax since Neon Genesis Evangelion!", which is CLEARLY overestimating this show (unless, of course, Gainax has only made complete fuck all in between the two)!

There is a certain over-hyped series that I download it just to check out: Dance in the Vampire Bund. Like if we hadn't enough with the mediocre vampire love stories for teens like Twilight, Rosario + Vampire and Vampire Knight...it's fucking horrible, terrible as hell.

I lol'd hard watching this 12 years old-like girl trying hard to be sexy and cool.