The 'geek/nerd/anime/comics/etc.' thread

I started as a poor Dwarven street beggar in a gang named "Dwarbon". I ended up becoming a berzerker warrior,I had the sunsword dmg- 15 +14(to darkspawn with enchantment). I ended up pissing off Alistair who left the group because I spared Loghain. Loghain became a powerful allie, Alistair became the town drunk instead of a king. In the last battle with the archdemon dragon, it killed my party except Oghren who I slayed the archdemon with. I played the game on normal, such an excellent worthy purchase. I can't wait for the sequel, in the meantime there is an available expansion adventure I need to look into.

My last time through I basically went that same route with the Dwarven fighter. Ended up doing the two handed weapon stuff with a Berserker specialization. I sided with Alistair on that one because I think Loghain is a royal douche. Though, Alistair ain't much better.

Who did you side with in Orzammar?

The expansion is OK, but it's not as good as the game by any stretch of the imagination. While I'd give the game a 9 or 10/10, I'd give the expansion more like a 7.5. The best part about the expansion is how fucking amazingly buff your character gets. I made it through the game up at level 23, so by the end of the expansion I was level 33 and I was putting points into my archery skills 'cause I had literally run out of shit to do. There's also a rune crafting skill that is totally badass. And you can put runes on your armor now, too. My character had 3 paragon runes, one of which gave him +14 to constitution, the other which gave him a 25% fire, ice and lightning and a third which gave him +10 to Willpower. Fucking. Tank.

:worship:

I need to download the latest chapters of Fullmetal Alchemist and resume the reading of Saint Seiya: the lost canvas, Detective Conan, Shigurui and Hajime No Ippo.

Hajime no Ippo is dragging too much. I'm getting bored of how this guy is able to overcome anything, even if there's no chance of winning. I can dig it from Seiya or something like that (at least they invented -currently 3- more senses to justify it :rofl:), but from Ippo...I dunno.

About GoW3, the ending is really ambiguous. I don't see any reason for not using Kratos on the next GoW.

Hajime no Ippo is something I'd watch rather then read. It's got like over 800 volumes I think, too much for what's basically a Dragon Ball styled anime.

Hajime no Ippo is dragging too much. I'm getting bored of how this guy is able to overcome anything, even if there's no chance of winning. I can dig it from Seiya or something like that (at least they invented -currently 3- more senses to justify it :rofl:), but from Ippo...I dunno.

About GoW3, the ending is really ambiguous. I don't see any reason for not using Kratos on the next GoW.

I think it would feel forced if Kratos was in the next GoW. They'd have to come up with something new to make Kratos pissed at.

Hajime no Ippo is something I'd watch rather then read. It's got like over 800 volumes I think, too much for what's basically a Dragon Ball styled anime.

Until chapter 650-700, the story was really well paced. I didn't get bored at all, but now the current story seems like a huge filler. Since I've gone so far reading it, I'll just wait until the story gets better or it finally ends.

Sigurðr;9052757 said:
Just waiting monday to pick the newer one piece episode *this shit is taking 50gb from my hard drive:lol:*

You know, I've never got what's the greatness of that series (Also, the character design is simply horrendous). I saw a good share of chapters but I couldn't grasp any really interesting thing about it. Can you tell me why I should check it out? Maybe it's the same case than Naruto, which is basically shit until chapter 50, where it starts to get decent.

You know, I've never got what's the greatness of that series (Also, the character design is simply horrendous). I saw a good share of chapters but I couldn't grasp any really interesting thing about it. Can you tell me why I should check it out? Maybe it's the same case than Naruto, which is basically shit until chapter 50, where it starts to get decent.

I know what you mean...when i started to watch one piece i didnt like too much Luffys visual..the big eyes and this kind of thing, i thought: hes look like a retarded monkey to me:lol: i always tell..the first episodes *30..40 episodes* are kindda weird but you get used to it, and the story is getting more interesting, and about the visual again, this anime have 10 or more years old..in the beggining theres not too much money to spend on it i guess:lol: but later they made an entirely visual change

Windows XP. Tried a couple of Linux distros, but I'm a gamer at heart, and gaming on Linux is just too much of a hassle. I'll switch to Win7 when I get some cash and a new computer.

I switched to Win7 when I bought myself a new system this March. But I didn't pay anything for the os cause I got it for free via my uni (msdnaa) :D

Why Windows? I'm a Mac user, and I can tell you Windows (XP, Vista, 7, any) is the worst of all the systems. Linux is better than Windows, and it's free! :kickass:

*I'd have to learn something new
*It would cost more
*I wouldn't be able to change all the parts
*I wouldn't be able to play all the games that are made for Windows.
*I haven't had a virus in 10 years, and when I had a virus it was because I was 11 years and stupid as a donkey on crystal meth, so the argument about Macs being safer doesn't effect me.

Why Windows? I'm a Mac user, and I can tell you Windows (XP, Vista, 7, any) is the worst of all the systems. Linux is better than Windows, and it's free! :kickass:

I use a mac, too.

But...

Windows 7 is ok. And a PC with the same benchmarks as a Mac counterpart costs half the amount. And part replacement is cheaper. And part upgrades are much more widely available.

That being said, I did upgrade my 2.4 ghz intel core duo 2 Macbook Pro to 4 GB RAM so I could play Starcraft 2, and it works fine. =)