The Gibson Interview: Black Sabbath’s Tony Martin

Can you image if they had Ice-T doing vox on the whole album. :loco:

Not sure which fans he's referring to who love Forbidden. Haven't encountered any such individuals yet.

Can you image if they had Ice-T doing vox on the whole album. :loco:

p010.gif

Not sure which fans he's referring to who love Forbidden. Haven't encountered any such individuals yet.

Ditto here.

Thanks for the link, that was a great interview. I'm a big fan of Tony Martin and it's always good when someone recognises his contributions to Sabbath and the great music he put out with the band.
Sadly, Tony never had "that one great album" with Sabbath to make his mark on the band's history. All his great songs are spread out over the different albums with no ONE album to really stand out. I myself am very partial to TYR and consider it among Sabbath's best albums but opinions differ greatly, unlike with Ronnie Dio's Heaven and Hell which is considered across the board to be a classic.

Thanks for the link, that was a great interview. I'm a big fan of Tony Martin and it's always good when someone recognises his contributions to Sabbath and the great music he put out with the band.
Sadly, Tony never had "that one great album" with Sabbath to make his mark on the band's history. All his great songs are spread out over the different albums with no ONE album to really stand out. I myself am very partial to TYR and consider it among Sabbath's best albums but opinions differ greatly, unlike with Ronnie Dio's Heaven and Hell which is considered across the board to be a classic.

I think TYR is a standout album, but it that never got accepted by the masses or the press.

I think "Headless Cross" is a goddamn fine album, for me the the best from Martin era and very superior to "Born Again", "Never Say Die", "Sabotage" as examples.