The Grand Conjuration Summoned All Manner of Demons Through My Audio Source

If you dont like, it just skip the fucking track. It doesnt take as much effort to skip one track every time you listen to the CD than it does to actually write a song like that.

All in all, Not my favorite track, but I enjoy it from time to time.

wow, i never thought about . hey, thanks!!!!

I do! I also am able to find the time to play it on guitar occasionally. It's a good song, really.
So is The Grand Conjuration. Hardly boring at all.

Not saying it's a bad song, BRI is badass.

It's just... holy shit 20 minutes long!

I've listened to it completely about.... 4 or 5 times.

The repetition is one of it's strong points. Don't understand how that is a flaw...

And it doesn't need to 'add' anything. Opeth doesn't have to follow a strict formula for their songs. It's not like Ghost Reveries is a concept album.

TGC is just a bitchin' song, for fact.

I don't mean repetition as in like the ending of Deliverance, which is awesome. I just mean that there's not a lot to the song. It doesn't really warrant its 10 minutes running time. And when I say it doesn't add anything I don't mean to a story or anything, it's just that it feels like a fairly pointless song, not quite filler but close. Still better than most of the rest of the album though.

BRI is fucking 20 minutes long, though. Who has the time to casually listen to BRI?

lol I often listen to music while doing other things.

I think we should compare TGC with Demon of the Fall. I love Opeth Epics but one of the strong points of Demon is that it is short and brutal, with the heavenly ending. If it went on for 10 mins repeating the 'Silent Dance with Death' riff 3 times, when the ending came I'd be 'about time'. This is similar to TGC. Now I don't even know if I like the shortened version better because the video made me lose concentration, but when it goes into the main riff again at the end, I've had enough.

I think in the end, because TGC was decided to be a highlight (with the video etc) it was placed on a pedestal with high expectations. If Ghost of Perdition was released as the single/video, TGC may have become the underground ending that everyone loves to death, much like Karma.

I've heard it 42 times according to my last.fm, and at least 5+ more times on my portable mp3 player. Feaking love that song. It's alomst like 3 songs mixed int he one.

I bet someone can make two records if they had based a song on every 2 riffs of that song.

I think it fits the concept perfectly from an album point of view. I don't think it's an amazing standalone song, just good. Like many others, nothing less.

First time I listened to it, I was blow away by the "Theeeee Graaaaaaaand Cooooonnnn juuuuuuuu raaaaaaaatioooooooooon" part and the riff just after that, with the eerie/haunted synths behind.

TGC kills bunnies.

It's just... holy shit 20 minutes long!

I've listened to it completely about.... 4 or 5 times.

Well those 20+ min songs are the ones which I am enjoying the most.

A few examples:

Opeth - Black Rose Immortal
Pink Floyd - Echoes, Atom Heart Mother
Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons, Octavarium, Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence
Yes - The Revealing Science of God (Dance of the Dawn)

and many more

The makeup of this board has really changed. I used to feel alone in my like for TGC. Never saw what the big fuss was. Much like I don't understand all the negativity I've seen in response to WS. I just don't get people, I guess. I don't want to live a life where I can't enjoy TGC. But I understand that we all have different tastes. I'm just glad mine allows me to enjoy every damn thing Opeth has ever done. Unlike, say, Metallica.

To quote Wankerness:

Yeah, I hate those songs that play a riff a few times and never come back to it, it lacks the variation of songs that play a riff for a minute, then play it palm muted for another minute, then do a few other things, then come back and play it for another 3 minutes for the outro. Those kick ass!

The latter summons pretty much my idea of The Grand Conjuration. I'm not blaming anybody for liking it tho.

The makeup of this board has really changed. I used to feel alone in my like for TGC. Never saw what the big fuss was. Much like I don't understand all the negativity I've seen in response to WS. I just don't get people, I guess. I don't want to live a life where I can't enjoy TGC. But I understand that we all have different tastes. I'm just glad mine allows me to enjoy every damn thing Opeth has ever done. Unlike, say, Metallica.

I approve of this.

Well those 20+ min songs are the ones which I am enjoying the most.

A few examples:

Opeth - Black Rose Immortal
Pink Floyd - Echoes, Atom Heart Mother
Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons, Octavarium, Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence
Yes - The Revealing Science of God (Dance of the Dawn)

and many more

You need some Thick as a Brick and Close to the Edge.